How to File a Complaint About a Customer Service Agent?
CMeredith1
Enthusiast - Level 1

After extensive searching, I still can't find a way to file a complaint about a customer service agent. Hopefully somebody here can steer me in the right direction.

The back story: I've been on an exorbitant month-to-month plan for several years now. The original contract lapsed and we simply never got around to asking for a new bundle. Life, you know? Last year I finally spoke to a customer service rep about updating our bundle and exchanging some equipment that was having some problems due to age (we've had some of it since 2009). However, there was a "technical problem" with our account because it was so old and had so many grandfathered elements that the system wouldn't process an update request. We were told that they'd submit a trouble ticket and call us back when it was resolved. We never heard back and we didn't follow up. Life, you know?

I'm now getting ready to deploy overseas for a few months and promised my wife I'd get a new bundle plan and new equipment ordered before I left. Nothing a couple of hours on the phone can't fix, right? Yeah...no. First they couldn't do anything with our account because of an old pending equipment exchange that had been cancelled but was still in locking up the system. The rep said he'd get it resloved and call me back. Crickets. So I called a couple more times until they finally said that it was all fixed but would take 24 hours to clear.

So, I called back this morning and they had a "new" technical problem (that was apparently the "old" technical problem that had never been fixed). I spoke to a rep (Kelly) who assured me she was on it and would call me back in 20-30 min. Naturally, I got nothing again. No big deal because I'm on leave and was commited to being persistent this time around. I called a couple more times and spoke to a supervisor who told me that they'd submitted a ticket but that it would be Thursday before it was resolved. I'm going to be on a plane to the Middle East on Thursday and I made it clear that if they can't get this technical issue with my account resolved by today or tomorrow, that I was going to have no choice but to cancel my account and transfer my service to another provider. She assured me that there was nothing that could be done - that the technical service people needed a full 48 hours to fix my account (which is ridiculous to begin with but was also the same song and dance I'd gotten before). I asked to elevate it to the next level supervisor in hopes of somebody getting technical services to put it at the top of the queue, but she said there wasn't a higher supervisor (????). Okaaaay.

Despite being frustrated, I was ready to let the process resolve itself because I really preferred to stay with Verizon. And then the first rep from the morning (Kelly) called and aggressively BERATED me for continuing to call and talk to other reps because their efforts were creating additional problems and that I was making it worse by not trusting her to resolve it. Never mind that she was supposed to call back in 20-30 min and this was 5 hours later (I had no reason to believe she was continuing to work the issue and I was on a timeline). But, it's also not my fault that other Verizon employees were supposedly making the problem worse. Plus, she was clearly angry and refused to let it go. She just continued berating me for making it worse by not trusting her. I couldn't get a word in without her yelling over me.

Eventually, I also resorted to yelling just to be heard and finally hung up on her and called another rep to make a complaint. He filed it but then recommended I follow-up on the website - which is what I'm attempting to do now if I can figure out how. She had the most atrocious attitude I've ever seen by a customer service agent - especially given that I'd been extraordinarily patient and good- natured about things until then.

I'm TRYING to be loyal to Verizon, but nobody seems to care that they're about to lose my business on principle alone. Cox can't be bad enough that it's worth accepting such behavior by a Verizon customer service rep (especially given that SHE called ME). I invite any supervisor to listen to the logs and tell me that I was the one out of line.

Quite frankly, I'm not sure what's going to keep me with Verizon at this point. But whether I stay or go, that rep's attitude is dangerous to the company.

Re: How to File a Complaint About a Customer Service Agent?
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi CMeredith,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes