How to Remove a Delinquency from a Credit Report?
poe2005

I had Verizon before I joined the Airforce in March 2011 and had to cancel my service because I left to go to basic training and 6 months of training for my job in the Air Force.  When I cancelled my acct I paid everything in full showing a $0 balance.  When I get back from my training I recieve a letter saying that I had a $95 debt from verizon turned into collections so I immediately payed it (now remember I paid my final bill off before I left for the military or thats what I was told when I cancelled my acct with Verizon).  This was back in 2011 and I have had this happen from a couple diff agencies that had no problem knowing that since I paid everything off  in full and never missed one payment they had no problem removing the delinquency from my credit report.  Today I finally get a verizon rep (Tkeyae) to explain to me that verizon is more then capable of removing any debt from a credit report but chooses not to because thats the policy.  I can understand if there were people that were years delinquent for it to remain but for some people that just get the short end of the stick (like myself) that never missed a payment to having something like this stuck on there credit report for 7 YEARS is ridiculous and there should be some way to get it removed or at least a better excuse.  So my main question from all of this ranting is, is there a way to remove a delinquency from my credit report that was turned in for $95 knowing that I never missed a payment and I was assured that my acct was paid in full when I cancelled my acct through Verizon before I left to join the United States Air Force or is what Tkeyae says correct for all Verizon Customers.  Thanks for your time and hopefully we can find someway to come to a mutual agreement to fix this problem.

0 Likes
Re: How to Remove a Delinquency from a Credit Report?
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi poe2005,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes