How to cancel FIOS TV and phone, but keep internet?
eurovw

I have a bundle, TV/Internet/Phone, and I just want to cancel TV and Phone services, but keep my internet connection. How do I go about it? Also, what cables are save to disconnect? I will be getting Dish network satellite services. And, how do I send the receivers back to Verizon?

0 Likes
Re: How to cancel FIOS TV and phone, but keep internet?
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since we're mostly all just other "users" like you here, I'm not thinking anyone's going to be of much help.   If I wanted to make a change like that, I would call their customer service folks and tell them what I wanted to do (their web interface is pretty convoluted when it comes to breaking up bundles and such).

I usually start here:  1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966)

Although someone might now a more direct number to the folks which make service changes.  

prisaz
Legend
Mozez

With the new mix and match option that FIOS offered, they seem to be a lot more flexible now. I called customer retention since my contract had just expired and I wanted to ditch cable and keep internet only. I was going to get Youtube TV as well. None of the new plans have contracts. They were very accommodating in cancelling my bundle and giving me what I only wanted. They will give you a UPS store to drop off all your equipment. I also went with the new WiFi 6 router with the new plan. Understand that you can also use your own if it capable enough. Make sure you do your research and know what you should be paying for the class of internet service that you wanted. They originally quoted me a significantly higher price for the Gigabit plan so I was ready to just abandon the whole process. They were finally able to match the current price for Gigabit - $79.99.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over ten years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes