How to file a complaint against a Fios agent
Wtmwtmp7
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I tried to cancel Fios yesterday. But the agent, Jules (?) asked me if I would keep the services if he can match current pricing, so I told him yes. So he said he can help me match the current pricing and will get back to me the next day if he can or not. 

So he called me today, even earlier than expected, to let me know that he was able to match the current pricing. Also, he offered to increase my internet speed from 50/50 to 75/75 and include quantum router just for $5 and change every month. So I told him okay. So he said he will email me the order details for me to review. I told him I won’t be able to check my email for like next 20 minutes. Then, I don’t remember exactly what he said and I replied but I said somewhere along the line of just agreeing and saying okay to him when he started to explain about 24-month agreement and $350 early termination fee... and shipping out the router... and I asked when will this service start... he said January 8th... so on and so forth... I don’t really remember the latter part of the conversation because I was driving and stuck in a stop and go traffic. I mean you guys can pull up the record.

But then when I got to work and checked the email, I got one to review the order and one that is confirming the order. I was like, what happened...? Okay...

Now, here is the real problem for this complaint. One of the discount I got for $15 is only for 12 months when the agreement is for 24 months. The agent NEVER mentioned about one or any discount that is applied will last for 12 months only!!! How deceiving and screwed up is that?? Is this how you train the agents?? Leave out important details before you get verbal agreements from customers over the phone?? I mean I told him I can check the email in 20 minutes when I get to work and was driving. Shouldn’t you have me look at the order first or go down every little detail, at least important ones, before you go ahead and process the order?? For 24 month agreement with early termination fees??? 

Why are you such a headache every time I deal with you guys??? 3 online agents were not able to help me to match the current prices... now this one said he can... I was very happy that he was able to... then just got me **bleep** off becuase you guys screwed me over by this practice of just putting orders over the phone!?!?!? You guys can go over the recording, or even let me hear it... but I am very sure that he didn’t say, do you agree to all the terms and may I process the order as it is, or anything even close to that!!!!!

This is like a scam!

0 Likes
Re: How to file a complaint against a Fios agent
jonjones1
Legend

Fios has expiring discounts clearly stated in the email that is sent.

you do have a right to cancel service if it is not agreed to. Check General Business Obligations law in McKennys consolidated at the library. Contracts must be clear on both parties.

fios sent my email and it stated my discounts that expire and when. I have no contract but Verizon gave a $10 discount that expired in November 2017 and a $15 discount that expires in November 2018 but it clearly states that in the emails.

Wtmwtmp7
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for your reply. I do like their services but just I don't have the patience and energy to deal with these people over the phone. It is my fault that I just went along and said yeah, yeah, yeah... It is a lesson that I have to learn I think. I should have been more straight forward and let me get back to you after reading the email.

Thank you again

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Wtmwtmp7 wrote:

Thank you for your reply. I do like their services but just I don't have the patience and energy to deal with these people over the phone. It is my fault that I just went along and said yeah, yeah, yeah... It is a lesson that I have to learn I think. I should have been more straight forward and let me get back to you after reading the email.

Thank you again

Glad I could help....😀

0 Likes