How to get help/complain?
jim2v
Hi There

I am posting this here as my fiancé is pulling her hair out over Verizon's customer service (or lack of it).

I'm from the UK, my fiancé came to visit me from Florida. Originally for 3 weeks then decided to stay for 6 months. I advised her to contact her cable and phone providers and let them know she was out of the country. She did. Verizon suspended her service and that was that.

Until we got back...

We have a bill for 300 dollars. For service we haven't used. She called Verizon and was informed her service had only been suspended for 3 months. Something she was absolutely not told when she made the call or something we asked for.

The operator who took her call said she could only go by what the notes on the call said. Would not take any evidence from us (I can prove she was out of the country with assorted paperwork).

They also claimed there had been calls made on the phone. Which is impossible as the handset was off and out of battery the entire time she was with me. The only thing I can think of is she has Google voice attached to that number and as soon as the number reactivated it started forwarding calls to her Google voice.
Again this didn't occur to us as we were told her phone was deactivated.

So I have one very cross fiancé. Who's fed up and doesn't want to call again as shes frustrated and upset. I am completely furious. I will be looking for a phone myself over here and I have been completely put off of Verizon.

I have always praised US customer service as in the UK we don't do it very well. This however is really poor.

If anyone can offer some advice I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!
0 Likes
Re: How to get help/complain?
jim2v
Just noticed. I posted this in the wrong section. If a moderator could move this to the correct place I would appreciate it.
0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry we couldnt help with your wireless issue. If you ever have issue with verizon vesidential service please open a new thread.

Josh B

0 Likes