I am contacting BBB of New York and you should as well
nyandyboy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Called Verizon to report cable box not working, informed it was " fried ". Received replacement box about four days later and then a second cable box the next day for no reason whatsoever, well the first replacement box didn't work after I hooked it up so I paid a local guy who specializes in this field thinking I installed the box incorrectly to troubleshoot as Verizon charges for this service as well and I didn't want to wait as I was mostly bed ridden. Turns out Verizon sent me a replacement box not programmed and the second box they sent me by mistake worked fine. So now I had two defective boxes I had to ship back and Verizon only provides free shipping from a UPS store, never mind that I had Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (ALIF) Surgery on 6/25/13 and could not possibly drive a car, I am responsible at my expense to get these defective boxes to a retail store or I will be charged for their defective boxes. Unbelievable, but true. I was told over and over by Nick {edited for privacy}and his supervisor Mike {edited for privacy} who had me wait 25 minutes to tell me it's not his problem and to find someone to drop off defective boxes for me and incur gas and toll charges along with an hour or so of they're time. Disgraceful way to do business and horrible customer service. I have to pay to ship their defective equipment back or burden an associate or pay UPS to pick up.

0 Likes
Re: I am contacting BBB of New York and you should as well
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: I am contacting BBB of New York and you should as well
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We never heard back from you on the issue. Please let us know if you have any other issues.

Josh B

0 Likes