I am getting billed for cancelled service
phylfed
Enthusiast - Level 1

Several months ago I called to cancel my service.  I was talked to instead to just put the service on hold for a bit.  Before the hold was set to expire I called and cancelled.  The very nice man stated it was taken care of and that I had a refund of $16 coming.  I no longer live at the residence so I had to go back and retrieve my equipment and send it back.  The man told me I could take it to UPS and return it at my convenience.  I told him that I loved my FIOS but that it was not available where I now live.  My condo has been empty for months with cable boxes in the closet.  I was also told how to keep my verizon.net email address and immediately after hanging up set it up for a year...paying the $19.95 to do it.  Now a little over a month later I get a HUGE bill for services that were supposedly restarted.    I then was told via on line that it would probably take a billing cycle or two and then it would show up.  I am worried because another cycle is about to go through and I have heard nothing.  The on-line lady did tell me she saw the cancellation and the return of equipment.  As I stated if I was still living at my condo I would gladly keep FIOS as I enjoyed it but after paying a one time fee and then a minimum monthly $10 for 6 months....on no service I feel like I am being bamboozled.  What do I need to do to straighten this whole thing out.  I find it funny that an email provider does not provide a way to send an email to billing....and I hate talking on the phone.  Help.

Re: I am getting billed for cancelled service
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi phylfed,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: I am getting billed for cancelled service
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Since we have not heard back from you, we have closed out this private support case, if you still have questions or need assistance please post on this thread. 

-Amanda_M 

0 Likes