I feel scammed by Verizon.
shamalet
Enthusiast - Level 1

A couple of weeks ago I've got a visit from salespeople from Verizon who convinced me to switch from Cablevision. I was asked what I liked about my provider. I told them that i like all the channels and the fact that i have a DVR. They told me they can get me the same features for a better price, plus 3 month of free movie channels. I bit. Now i realized that i do not have a DVR. I called up customer service and all I heard was: "we do apologize....... no promotional deals right now.... we do apologize.....you can order it for additional $16.99........." 

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR PROMOTIONAL DEALS! When you promise me a service, and then you do not deliver and go back on your promise, that is THE DEFINITION of a LIAR and a SCAM ARTIST . You DELIBERATELY LIED to me in order to get me to switch to your company. The only reason I swithched was the fact that I was shown a figure of ~$98 with taxes, as opposed to a ~$108 monthly price for my cablevision service. It only made sense to switch, even with the installation fee. Now, if i include the DVR, the monthly total will be around $120, according to the customer rep I spoke to.

I feel cheated and lied to. This isn't a way a reputable company does business. It's one thing to hype up your service, it's another to deliberately lie and scam people. I am very disappointed and angry right now. This is absolutely unacceptable!

Re: I feel scammed by Verizon.
Fiosfilly

My terms were changed twice and I was pretty disappointed in the lack of DVR service. I do like the added quantum speed at the low price. But I had to keep delaying installation. My first salesperson was real nice and told me I would get a really top notch settop box as I was involved with a startup biz. However I got a very basic one that doesn't even show the time. Unless that is something I should set up-but I don't see any window for the display. Anyway-due to a lot of delays in the installation date from my end-I had a different contract written. It seemed somewhat similar but it is hard to do a line-item comparison with these complicated bills. Then my actual bill came and it was much higher for the first bill. I am hoping that is because the first month of service was longer, combined with the second month-but I am not sure. I will have to examine it closely.

I was told that they would stick to the original agreement no matter how long it was up to the install time. But since things have been changed twice, that obviously was not true. I have other more serious security problems to look into, so the bill is not my only concern. I will pay it now and examine things later as I had an arrangement. The first bill turned out to be too high for me to pay in the install month. At first, it was not.

0 Likes
Re: I feel scammed by Verizon.
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi shamalet,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes