I got a letter from collection company for the equipment I returned already
smallmission

Hello,

I was very happy with Verizon Fios and other services. However, we decided to switch and disconnected the service from Verizon. We received a return box with an instruction shortly, and we returned the equipments as instructed. However, we got several bills saying we have to pay $400 for not returned equipments. We called customer service whenever we got a new bill, but they said that the process for returning equipment may take a couple of months. They asked us to wait, then we would get corrected bill. However, we got a letter from collection agency and that made us very upset. Despite of all the time we spent on customer service and what they said, we got this collection notice.

It would be great of someone from Verizon can take a look at this case. I still have a receipt I got when we droped the equipments off at the carrier as the return instructed. I can send you a copy of it if having this can help Verizon to solve this issue.

Thomas

0 Likes
Re: I got a letter from collection company for the equipment I returned already
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi smallmission,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: I got a letter from collection company for the equipment I returned already
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We didn't hear back from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you need further assistance, feel free to make a new post in the public Forums. We'll be able to continue looking into your issue.

As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Ali Adam

0 Likes