I listened to verizon--now it's in collections!
salvadab
Enthusiast - Level 1

For the past couple months I've been getting a call from an 866 number.  It was always either hanging up once I pick up or just silence dead air, or once the automated system comes up it wouldn't let me select an option.  They call several times every day.  I finally got through to the automated system yesterday and learned from an automated message that I had a bill sent to collections.  I immediately pulled up my credit report and sure enough it was Verizon.  I called the # for verizon on the credit report, they did not see an account under my name and/or balance.  I talked to several different people at verizon last night and they all said the same thing until I came across the term "one-bill" while browsing through their website. 

I cancelled my bundle (internet, landline, directv, wireless),  I kept the wireless, in July.  I was told I was good to go.  I would see the reflection on my next bill.  For several years, I was paying under one-bill.  Little did I know that bill had separated once I cancelled the bundle.  I DID NOT IGNORE THIS BILL.  I thought it was a mistake that I had two separate bills with verizon and called them to verify.  They said I only had one bill and to pay that one.  The other one was not mine.  Mind you, I had to figure all this out myself all because I came across the "one-bill" term.  With a huge company like verizon, I guess they don't keep a good record of your other accounts.  I did not know this, like I said previously, I always paid one bill.  Some type of training needs to be done to help verizon loyal customers.  All verizon representatives I talked to all told me the same thing... I had no account under my name.  Check my phone records, check recorded conversations.  I called and verified!

A couple months ago I got a letter in the mail from a collections agency saying they are collecting on behalf of Verizon.  I called verizon immediately and told them about it, and we came to the conclusion that it was fraud and they told me to ignore the letter and don't pay them.

For the past two days, I have been given the run-around with verizon and told several customer reps my story.  I AM TIRED.  I HAVE BEEN A LOYAL CUSTOMER TO VERIZON FOR OVER 10 YEARS.  Verizon has tarnished my credit report and my security clearance with the military.  I have no problem paying Verizon the money I owe,  I will not pay the debt collector.  My problem is that I was told not to pay and they turned around and threw me under the bus.  YOU NEED TO FIX THIS VERIZON!  FIX MY CREDIT REPORT!

Re: I listened to verizon--now it's in collections!
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: I listened to verizon--now it's in collections!
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

salvadab,

We have closed your private support case due to no response from you. We hope our credit reporting agency was able to take care of your issues. Feel free to make a new post anytime you need our help.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes