I'm through with Verizon!
Cgmiller63
I am so through with Verizon. After being a customer of Direct TV for 15 years I was convinced to switch to Fios TV.

Lie #1 - The sales rep assured me I would have all the channels I currently have with Direct TV, including HBO and at a $100 per month savings. Installer arrived Thursday and did a good job with the install. Unfortunately, one of the boxes was not HD so he said they would come back the next day with the correct box.

Lie #2 - After he left I noticed my movie channels were not coming in. I called customer service and was assured HBO was part of my package and it would be active by midnight.

Lie # 3 - Friday morning and still no HBO. I called Verizon and after being transferred and disconnected a few times I finally get someone who could hep. Again, I was assured HBO was included in my package.

The installer still had not shown up with my HD box and it was 4pm Friday. I call Verizon and am told the tech was tied up on a job but will show up when he was done, no ETA. I asked my it was taking so long to get my movie channels and now I'm told HBO is NOT part of my package. I am now livid and ask to speak with the cancelation department. I am transferred and disconnected so I call back. This time I am transferred correctly and tell the agent I want to cancel service and explain to him why. He offers me the movie package with HBO at half price, and like an idiot I accept. He said the movies would be active by midnight.

Lie #4 - Saturday morning and still no HBO. I call customer service and am told it will be midnight Saturday. Here it is Sunday morning and still no HBO.

It it was only one person, you can say they were misinformed but there is a pattern of misinformation that can only be attributed to outright lies

Direct TV is coming tomorrow to reinstall my Direct TV. I am now working on pulling my phone and Internet service from Verizon. I HATE VERIZON, they have the worst customer service.
0 Likes
Re: I'm through with Verizon!
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Adam_VZ
Contributor - Level 2

I do apologize for the trouble you've been through.  We'd like to help keep you as a customer.  I've sent you a PM.  If I can be of assistance to you, please reply.

-adam

0 Likes
Cgmiller63

I've already switched back to Direct TV and am not looking back.

0 Likes