I want to cancel my tv service but your hours SUCK!
Nick_anon

Hello,

I want to cancel my TV service because i never actually end up watching TV and am wasting money paying for it. I want to cancel my service but it's impossible to do this online. You FORCE customers to call you before 6pm to do this. I work a full time job...i don't really even get home until after 6pm. This is a catch 22. Is there really no way to cancel service myself? Inconvenient!

Nick

0 Likes
Re: I want to cancel my tv service but your hours SUCK!
sunflower331

Totally agreed. It's one of the worst customer servicer, especially for cancelling TV service. You can't do it via app or website. Only way is to call rep duing working hours. 

0 Likes
Re: I want to cancel my tv service but your hours SUCK!
jonjones1
Legend

Unfortunately the services in their view is cancelled only after you go through hoop jumping. They want you to call 1-800-verizon and say cancel a service. However in many cases if you are on a contract you may find a jump in price on the existing service. If you call between 8 am till 5 pm EDT you normally get someone quickly. It does not mean “your call is lost” or “please hold” (call dropped) this is done to dissuade you from leaving or dropping service.

if you cannot cancel service contact your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission via a google search and contact them either via online or their toll free number. They have a direct contact and can cancel your service for you with Verizon.

0 Likes