I was scammed into a "good" deal!
carrief77
Enthusiast - Level 2

In August 2012 I was about to switch back  to Time Warner Cable due to cost. I love Fios quality but it is more expensive and their customer service is awful. After chatting with a lady, she gave me a great deal to stay. I loved the deal so much I verbally agreed to a two year contract. At this time she told me what my monthly bill (after taxes) would be for the next two years, and I have been happily paying that amount since September.

Fast forward to yesterday. I randomly called to see how much it would be to add a land line phone. According to the gentleman, I can't just add on a line but I would have to do a triple play. The cost for the triple play was $40 more than what I am paying now so I declined. Needless to say the gentleman on the phone notified me that my discounts were about to expire soon and that would be the best deal going forward. Say what?????? Expire? There's no reason why these "discounts" should expire. The customer service representative stated that I was told these discounts were for a short time only (no I wasn't) and that they also emailed me the details about my new contract (I do not recall this email but if I did get an email, it was after my verbal agreement was made and they changed the contract after it was already processed, I also never responded to such email which means my agreement stands as is from my original phone call).

After a long 55 minute argument, my problem has gone unresolved. At first I was told I was not allowed to talk to a supervisor then after demanding to talk to a supervisor I was on hold for several minutes only to be told the supervisor was unavailable and would call me back (which one never did). The customer service representative was rude, yelled and talked over me. I could barley get a word in.

I would like this matter resolved or I will leave Verizon Fios. Who can I contact since obviously Verizon's customer service is unprofessional and they also like to scam you into 2 year contracts but then change them after the fact.

Re: I was scammed into a "good" deal!
Petem12366
Enthusiast - Level 2
Exact same thing has happened to me several times, the manager would have been no help I finally got to speak to one yesterday, they can't help you and don't care, fios is great but the way they treat you is awful good luck getting this fixed but it will happen again, I would look at switching to something else
carrief77
Enthusiast - Level 2

Its so tough to think about switching because I love Fios but they seriously have the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. I have been a long time Verizon Wireless customer and I am very pleased with their customer service. I know they are two different products/ departments (wireless/cable) but they are both "Verizon" so why does the culture have to be so different?

They sent me an email stating they were looking into this but I haven't heard back from them since. If I do not get my bill to what I was originally told it would be in August for the 2 full years, unfortunately I will go back to Time Warner Cable. In this economy I have to do what I can afford.

Petem12366
Enthusiast - Level 2
You are not alone,I feel the same way I really like fios but this malicious predatory customer service and business model makes me sick, I had problems with Comcast in the past but nothing ever in my life can compare with fios , I might have to give them a look
carrief77
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just an FYI- nobody has called or emailed me since their initial email on 3/6 stating that a support agent was looking in to my account. How long will I have to wait until I am a happy customer again? Hopefully not to much longer because my patience is running thin. I was hoping for piece of mind for 2 years and all I have now is a headache.

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

carrief77

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".

There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
carrief77
Enthusiast - Level 2

WOW That sucks. I can only keep my cool for so long. The reps don't listen to you, they are rude and try to talk over you. It was almost like he was making me feel manipulated on purpose. Where do they find these people? I can't stress enough how Verizon Wireless customer service is fantastic but Fios customer service is awful.

I agree on the minutes used on your phone. I was on the phone with the guy for over 55 minutes, during peak time. If you have a Verizon cell phone, it should be free minutes to call Fios. We can discuss that later. I don't want to get to much off topic, but then again, if Fios wasn't trying to pull a fast one and rip us off, we wouldn't have a need to call them.

Im glad Im not the only one that is having this problem because maybe they will take our complaints and change their system. I only had one message in "private messages", replied to it and go figure I have not heard back. I will not be quiet about this issue until it is resolved. I am so sick of Fios scamming me. They are a well known company and I expected better from them.

0 Likes
britishrich
Enthusiast - Level 3

Similar deal for me right now, my "life of the account" discounts are expiring, so I am TRYING to get a copy of the recorded call where they told me they were for the life of the account.

That call has to be recorded by law (depending on your state)...but I am sure they'll do a good job of not providing me with a copy.

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

carrief77, all communications should be carried out on your Private Support case board. Please go to that, and ask the agent why you have had no reply. That triggers a message to them so they know you are waiting to hear from them.

0 Likes