I will never go paperless
paper4ever

Our account was transitioned from the old account number {edited for privacy} which we had since 1998 to a new account number "{edited for privacy}".  The last bill dated 042212 under the old account number had the name on the account correct.  All bills under the new account number starting with the first dated 052212 had the name on the account butchered, the first name was OK, but now the account reflected a middle initial instead of the last name (there is no middle name or initial on the "correct" account name) and what was supposed to be a suffix (III) was now the  last name.  Fortunately, I had paper copies of the bills reflecting the before and after.  I then went to download PDFs of my 042212 paper bill (24 months are available).  I discovered that there was no bill dated 042212; instead found a 041612 bill.  The 041612 bill that I downloaded had no resemblance to the actual 042212 paper bill.  The 041612 bill had the wrong name and the itemized current activity, taxes, etc on the 041612 downloaded copy had very little resemblance to the 042212 paper bill.  Also, the 041612 bill had the "new" account number, not the account number on the 042212 paper bill.  Needless to say, it appears that Verizon's computer system is not functioning properly.  By the way, after six attempts, verizon finally corrected the name on the account -- only took them 14 months!!!!!  Now I will be interested to see how the name change affects the copies of bills that are downloaded.  Based upon this experience, I will never go paperless!

0 Likes