In wrong Fios Package - Customer Service has failed us
Testecarl

Have contacted customer service on numerous occasions to reduce the cost of our package.  So far I have been told I had to increase my internet service and up my contract for another 2 years to reduce the amount of channels that I have.  The price we pay for my bundle is too much for us and we feel we have not been given the proper service and review of our account to reduce our monthly cost.  When my Husband, Carl, moved he was told I had to increase my internet speed.  It turns out that was not true. We combined households, my Verizon Fios account was not under contract but his was.  I have been a loyal customer to Verizon since cell phones became feasible and then when Fios rolled out.  My ex-husband has worked for Verizon for 17 years.  I know that my recent contact with Verizon customer service to get this account to where it should be was far from "Customer Service".  Every time I got an answer as to why we could not reduce our package, we got a different answer.  You and I both know Verizon can do whatever it wants.  Contracts can be negotiated, especially if you want to continue to keep a Customer who has been loyal to Verizon for 20+ years.  We have the Verizon Triple Play and it FAR Exceeds our needs and our budget.  I am given this one last opportunity to get resolved so that this is within our means.  It is time the Verizon steps up to the plate and does right by us after repeated attempts and trust in Verizon.  We do not have an active phone line in our home nor do we need one.  We do not need phone service.  Last week Customer Service actually suggested we go to Home Depot and buy a jack for the house and install it on our own.  Unreal!  Then we were told the only savings we could get by removing the phone portion of our bundle was $5 less a month OR we could pay the $170 cancellation fee to get the Verizon Double play package.  That s absurd!  So before we do cancel and switch providers, I am requesting that Verizon honors a loyal Customer, reduce us to the Double play package by starting our contract over again at 2 years, with Fios Internet of 25/25 (we have router) including the $20 bundle 24 month credit, 3 TV equipment package, Multi DVR Service, HBO/Cinemax with Premium Content 12 month 50% Credit.  The Double Play bundle is $69.99 with additional cost for equipment rental DVR service, Premium channel and credit including, taxes and fees for a total approximate monthly cost of $129.53 per month for the first 12 months.  Now this is feasible for us and is all that we need.  We will not accept the $170 cancellation fee to put us where we need to be when we made numerous attempts to reach out to Verizon to help us reduce our monthly cost.  After this we are moving on.  We will no longer feel "trapped".  For what we paid over the years, we deserved better than this.

0 Likes
Re: In wrong Fios Package - Customer Service has failed us
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: In wrong Fios Package - Customer Service has failed us
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Testecarl,

We are sorry we could not get the price you were looking for. We have closed your private support case. Feel free to make a new post anytime you need our help.

- Jose

0 Likes
Goodbye!
Testecarl

Verizon just lost a 20 year + customer today and all they could say was "sorry".  I know they could have gotten us into the right package and waive $170 cancellation fee to do so. That''s all we were asking.  Thank goodness there are other options out there, I only regret we did not make the move sooner!

0 Likes