Incomplete FiOS Installation
dmregan

My FiOS installation was on July 5, 2016. During the installation, the technician did not bury the fiber optic cable he ran from the street to the house.  Rather, it was run across our lawn (and partially on our neighbors lawn), with a promise that someone would return to bury the cable in 1-2 weeks.  7 weeks later, it has not been done.  I’ve called Customer Service at least 8 times on the matter, have been shuffled around to different departments, had multiple tickets opened (only to have them mysteriously closed by Verizon, after the promised commitment date has passed, with no action and no notification).  I have been assured more than once that this would be escalated and taken care of.  Nothing ever happens.  Meanwhile, I can’t cut part of my lawn, my neighbor can’t cut part of his lawn, and a potentially dangerous tripping hazard has been present for 7 weeks.  And I've invested hours of my time calling Customer Service, with no other recourse.  How is this acceptable?

I am at the end of my rope. What do I have to do to get this fixed?

0 Likes
Re: Incomplete FiOS Installation
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi dmregan,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes