Incorrect Unreturned Equipment Charge
Justice151

I am using this public forum to dispute an incorrect unreturned equipment charge, simply because talking to customer service hasn't helped solve the problem.

Although I did follow exactly what I had been advised by Verizon customer service and the “Moving Made Easy” program, Verizon still incorrectly chargingreturned equipment fees, hired a collection agency, and put a negative remark on my credit report (which costed me my excellent rating). I would really like to have this problem resolved.

To help solve the issues, let me please elaborate on the case.

When moving to my new house, I used FIOS and then the “Moving Made Easy” option because I thought moving was easy—but in fact this has turned out to be the exact opposite:

• I initiated the move over the phone, and your staff told me I should take the equipment (box and router) with me as they can simply be installed at my new house. So that was what I did.
  • A few days later, FIOS was installed at my new home, and a new account number was assigned. It turned out that (in contrast to the router), the box I was told to take with me could not be used, apparently because boxes previously used in Virginia could not be used in Maryland. Hence, a new box was installed that day, and I returned the other box via UPS (I do have the UPS shipping receipt). Also note that receipt of the box has been confirmed over the phone by Verizon. So I called customer service in order to dispute the “unreturned equipment charge” on the bill.
  • It turned out that Verizon charges unreturned equipment fees for the router. Hence, I called Verizon customer service again and disputed the “unreturned equipment charge” on the bill—simply because I am using exactly the same the router in my new home. I was advised explicitly by customer service not to pay that bill, but to wait for a new bill, which was supposed to be sent after the use of the moved router has been verified. Apparently, Verizon wanted to check remotely if the router is used in my new home.
  • However, the bill has still not been corrected. Instead, it was sent to a company called “IC Systems.” With that company, I again made a dispute, but paid the outstanding amount right away. Although I made this payment, please be informed that I nevertheless continue disputing the incorrectly charged item.
  • So now I am following up with Verizon again, and request a refund of all incorrectly charged items on the bill, i.e., the “unreturned equipment” charges, and the removal of all incorrect information reported to credit bureaus.

Needless to say that I am not happy with the way Verizon appears to be doing business. This is not what I expected from your “Move Made Easy” program. And I clearly do not feel treated adequately, given that I am a customer who always paid his bills on time and actually wanted to continue working with Verizon after moving to another state. I am not willing to accept unprofessional practices like that.

0 Likes
Re: Incorrect Unreturned Equipment Charge
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Justice15,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes