Increase in Double Play?
lddaly
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was paying $104.99 per month for Double Play... 67.99 for Extreme HD and 37.00 for 25/15 Internet. Now I see my Double Play bill has increased to 110.99 per month... 73.99 for Extreme HD and 37.00 for 25/15. I have never modified and of my services. Was this an increase that all subscribers received?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Increase in Double Play?
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@lddaly wrote:

... Did anyone else see a $6 per month increase in their Double Play package?

Yes.

View solution in original post

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at:
http://www.verizon.com/contactus
Choose “Live Chat.”
If a chat agent is available to assist you, the chat link will become live after the page is fully loaded.

0 Likes
lddaly
Enthusiast - Level 2

My question is for other users... Did anyone else see a $6 per month increase in their Double Play package?

0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@lddaly wrote:

... Did anyone else see a $6 per month increase in their Double Play package?

Yes.

DKatz1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I receive my bill by eBill and look at the amount, so I don't look at the actual bill, When I saw that my current bill amount was more than usual I looked to see why. There is a $6 increase for TV service, Plus additional taxes comes to almost $10.  It's not just for Double Play subscriptions, My mother-in law has Triple Play and her's was increased by $6 as well.

I think Verizon should send a notice or add an explanation on the bill to let us know when they're increasing charges. This is just like when my set top box rental charge went from $5.99 to $7.99 without warning. My question has always been this: You have to pay for the service, then you have to pay an additional amount to rent boxes to use the service. Why are the boxes not included? Verizon thinks they can just charge whatever and we will pay it. Least they forget, they're not the only TV / Internet providers and if they intend to keep loyal customers like myself, they will give me a discount at least not go up on the prices. To off-set this current increase, I am going to drop my premium channels and if there's a movie I want to rent I will go to Movie Trading Company. With them I have an option to purchase the DVD after viewing it (minus the rental fee). Then I can watch it as many times as I want, forever.

@lddaly wrote:

I was paying $104.99 per month for Double Play... 67.99 for Extreme HD and 37.00 for 25/15 Internet. Now I see my Double Play bill has increased to 110.99 per month... 73.99 for Extreme HD and 37.00 for 25/15. I have never modified and of my services. Was this an increase that all subscribers received?

@ lddaly - I see that you quoted paying $37.00 for 25/15 Internet. That's interesting, I am paying $38.00 for 20/5. It looks like I have something else to inquire about. Thanks for the info.

DKatz1
Enthusiast - Level 2

@ @ElizabethS  (Moderator) This issue is NOT solved. → This forum is to help customers that have issues with Verizon's services when we can't seem to get a straight answer from Customer Support and a price increases IS an issue. Therefore, you should read the details of the postings, do an investigation with a Verizon representative, then post a response with a resolve. This is what a moderator should do.

@ElizabethS wrote:

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email
Choose “Live Chat.”

KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

@DKatz wrote:

@ @ElizabethS  (Moderator) This issue is NOT solved. → This forum is to help customers that have issues with Verizon's services when we can't seem to get a straight answer from Customer Support and a price increases IS an issue. Therefore, you should read the details of the postings, do an investigation with a Verizon representative, then post a response with a resolve. This is what a moderator should do.

@ElizabethS wrote:

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email
Choose “Live Chat.”

DKatz,

This was marked as solved by the original poster -- not Verizon.

A forum moderator’s job is to maintain the forum itself, so we are unable to access accounts or provide support information on an individual basis.

lddaly
Enthusiast - Level 2

@ lddaly - I see that you quoted paying $37.00 for 25/15 Internet. That's interesting, I am paying $38.00 for 20/5. It looks like I have something else to inquire about. Thanks for the info.

I believe they no longer offer the 25/15 plan... at least I cannot find it. My service package has never changed in all of the years I have had Verizon. They should have let us know that there was going to be a price increase. That is okay though, there are several other service providers in my area.

0 Likes
DKatz1
Enthusiast - Level 2
@ KaLin e: I apologize to you and ElizabethS. Today I took Elizabeth's suggestion and opened a Chat session. The agent named Sherry was able to quickly find where there was indeed a notification that there was going to be an increase. It was 2 statements prior to when it was going to occur. On my 12/25/12 bill, page 3. under the heading: Need-to-Know Information, it states that there will be an increase. Reluctantly because I have eBills I never look at the actual bill. All I ever look at is the amount in the message. So if the amount is the same I just assume it's correct.
Therefore, the case of th"$6.00 mystery charge" has been SOLVED.

@ElizabethS wrote:

Choose “Live Chat.”

DKatz,

This was marked as solved by the original poster -- not Verizon.

A forum moderator’s job is to maintain the forum itself, so we are unable to access accounts or provide support information on an individual basis.

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

No problem at all,l Dkatz Smiley Happy   We are happy to help anytime that we can. Glad it was all resolved for you.

0 Likes