Initial service deposit refund lost / sent to closed
Stgeorge189
Hello, began service in February 2014 was told I would get my deposit back after a year of making payments on time. In March 2015 I called Verizon to ask about the deposit and was told it had been sent returned to the original card.
So I did some research with my old bank and found it had come from them but I had closed my account and they had no record of any incoming deposits in February 2015 the date Verizon says they sent it. Since then I've spoken with Verizon and recieved a tracking number, a confirmation number, the date and amount of the transaction but the bank still wasn't able to locate the funds and requested Verizon call them or that I provide a receipt for the transaction but I haven't been able to comply as Verizon keeps transferring me from dept to department.

PLEASE HELP!! ANY IDEAS??
0 Likes
Re: Initial service deposit refund lost / sent to closed
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Stgeorge189,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Deposit still hasn't been returned after almost 2 years
Stgeorge189

Hello, began service in February 2014 was told I would get my deposit back after a year of making payments on time. In March 2015 I called Verizon to ask about the deposit and was told it had been automatically sent to the original account on February 13, 2015 although this bank account had been closed six months prior to the money was deflected and went back to Verizon I contacted the bank and spoke with them they went they review the records extensively over the course of four hours the bank representative requested that Verizon contact them and provide proof of the transaction. I have spoken to Verizon customer service numerous times, besides being transferred from financial services to customers services and telling the story again and again and again and again I still have yet to understand where my money is. Now I'm running out of patience and I feel wronged and am considering closing my account and posting this story on every forum out there. so I'm posting this in the hopes that there is maybe one Person that works for Verizon that will actually look into this matter and follow through until A. The deposit is returned or B. Provides a logical reason why not.

0 Likes
Re: Deposit still hasn't been returned after almost 2 years
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Stgeorge189,

We have reopened your Private Support Case. Please access your case through your profile page by following the instructions posted earlier. The support agents do not monitor the public boards and will need to hear from you in the Private Support area before they can begin assisting you.

0 Likes