Installation Fees
Devanrose33

When moving into a new apartment, I signed up for Verizon a month ahead of time online to get the one time Fios Setup charge waived. When signing up, there were NO other indications of one time installation fees. I even IMed a rep and asked if there were any additional installation fees. They said NO. Well, not to mention the HEADACHE of having a technician come 3 different times to get this Fios setup because there was problem after problem in my “Verizon Ready” apartment.

Anways, I get my second bill today. Which was a week late in producing. And there’s $125 worth of installation fees? I checked every single email that I received from Verizon when I signed up, and NO WHERE does it say anything about additional one time installation fee charges. It was a jack activation fee and a technician fee. I am so ticked off. It’s one thing to mention the fees ahead of time so that I’m expecting them, but this came out of the blue!! Between the extreme hassle I went through to get the internet/cable working - a week with no TV or internet and having to miss out on 2 days of work - this is the last thing I want to see. 

Are they allowed to charge you fees like this AFTER the fact of installation?? It’s complete **bleep**. I”m about ready to cancel the service and go back to Optimum because if I would have kept them I would have paid no fees. And If I would have known that there were fees, I wouldn't Have switched. This is completely deceiving and I’m completely regretting signing up for Fios.

0 Likes
Re: Installation Fees
MrMatthew1
Contributor - Level 1

Hi Devanrose33,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes