Installation change date nightmare! Was left without any service for 10 days!
molitar
Enthusiast - Level 3

We had scheduled service to be installed on 8/11/11 but due to Electric Company arriving late it was not able to be installed to 8/12/11.  I called and informed Verizon FIOS and was informed they could change the date to 8/12/11 install for us.  Ok thanks.. Got a call later and was informed there was a problem with their system and they can not change the date but they are working with provisioning to see if they can change it.  They could not. 

They than called me back and informed me we will have to cancel the service and do a re-order and it will take 3 days to cancel and they will put an expedite on the new service.  At this time I could of got Brighthouse installed the very next day so I asked them what they were going to do for me for this delay they said they would give a credit and maybe even some movie channels for free for a year.  When I called back in Monday as informed that the order was done BUT they will not expedite and it will be another 7 days! I again asked about the credit and they said we will be more than happy to give you a credit and some free channels but nothing can be done until the first bill arrives and I said Ok.

I was promised a credit for going without service for 10 days with no phone, cable, or internet at all and twice references to movie channels for free for a year.  So I get the first bill expecting like they informed me over the phone would be around $160/month but when I get the bill it's pro-rated and they did not inform me that the bill would not start when services start like Brighthouse so I got a $191.87 for the first month!  I was like what the heck they mis-represented to me the bill and than stated they will only give me $25 missed service credit?  $25 for going without service for a third of a month and they refused to give me the free movie channels they referred to twice saying we an not give free movie channels sorry $25 is all we will give you that is unacceptable.  I was lied to on several times and mis-represented about what I would get!

First Lie: My first month bill should be approximately $160.00

Second Lie: Date could not be changed service was not expedited like promised

Third Lie: I would get an appropriate credit for the issue with not being able to change date because of a problem with the order in their system.

Fourth Lie: Was informed I would get a credit and most likely free channels for a year

So I was without anything in a new home with no phone, internet, or cable for 10 full days!  We could only use a cell phone and than we had to step outside because it does not work inside without the Airave which requires internet!  I could of had Brighthouse installed the very next day and had service but I believed the lies by all the Verizon reps. 

I could of had the Roadrunner Lightning Service with Brighthouse the next day for $139.95 and not been without service for that time.. and not only that when the boxes were not working correctly I got charged for some RIO HD (sports which I hate) show for $5.99 the **bleep** boxes were not even working right at that time and charged for a **bleep** sport show.

Well since I have not gotten anywhere with the **bleep** billing call center I have filed a complaint with Better Business Bureau hopefully they get me in contact with the real people in power in the resolution dept to my complaint or maybe the resolution dept will contact me to it from here and I can give the BBS good news it's been resolved.. We will see but if it does not get resolved I will CANCEL the contract as it has been broken by Verizon and have Brighthouse installed the very next day.  I don't even know what my true bill is at this time to even make a budget it's so messed up 😞

Re: Installation change date nightmare! Was left without any service for 10 days!
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

@molitar wrote:

We had scheduled service to be installed on 8/11/11 but due to Electric Company arriving late it was not able to be installed to 8/12/11.  I called and informed Verizon FIOS and was informed they could change the date to 8/12/11 install for us.  Ok thanks.. Got a call later and was informed there was a problem with their system and they can not change the date but they are working with provisioning to see if they can change it.  They could not. 

They than called me back and informed me we will have to cancel the service and do a re-order and it will take 3 days to cancel and they will put an expedite on the new service.  At this time I could of got Brighthouse installed the very next day so I asked them what they were going to do for me for this delay they said they would give a credit and maybe even some movie channels for free for a year.  When I called back in Monday as informed that the order was done BUT they will not expedite and it will be another 7 days! I again asked about the credit and they said we will be more than happy to give you a credit and some free channels but nothing can be done until the first bill arrives and I said Ok.

I was promised a credit for going without service for 10 days with no phone, cable, or internet at all and twice references to movie channels for free for a year.  So I get the first bill expecting like they informed me over the phone would be around $160/month but when I get the bill it's pro-rated and they did not inform me that the bill would not start when services start like Brighthouse so I got a $191.87 for the first month!  I was like what the heck they mis-represented to me the bill and than stated they will only give me $25 missed service credit?  $25 for going without service for a third of a month and they refused to give me the free movie channels they referred to twice saying we an not give free movie channels sorry $25 is all we will give you that is unacceptable.  I was lied to on several times and mis-represented about what I would get!

First Lie: My first month bill should be approximately $160.00

Second Lie: Date could not be changed service was not expedited like promised

Third Lie: I would get an appropriate credit for the issue with not being able to change date because of a problem with the order in their system.

Fourth Lie: Was informed I would get a credit and most likely free channels for a year

So I was without anything in a new home with no phone, internet, or cable for 10 full days!  We could only use a cell phone and than we had to step outside because it does not work inside without the Airave which requires internet!  I could of had Brighthouse installed the very next day and had service but I believed the lies by all the Verizon reps. 

I could of had the Roadrunner Lightning Service with Brighthouse the next day for $139.95 and not been without service for that time.. and not only that when the boxes were not working correctly I got charged for some RIO HD (sports which I hate) show for $5.99 the **bleep** boxes were not even working right at that time and charged for a **bleep** sport show.

Well since I have not gotten anywhere with the **bleep** billing call center I have filed a complaint with Better Business Bureau hopefully they get me in contact with the real people in power in the resolution dept to my complaint or maybe the resolution dept will contact me to it from here and I can give the BBS good news it's been resolved.. We will see but if it does not get resolved I will CANCEL the contract as it has been broken by Verizon and have Brighthouse installed the very next day.  I don't even know what my true bill is at this time to even make a budget it's so messed up 😞

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account  for more information or help you resolve your issue.”

Re: Installation change date nightmare! Was left without any service for 10 days!
molitar
Enthusiast - Level 3

I still have not heard from anyone on this.

0 Likes