Internet Charges and Discount, merged
BAnsl
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi,

up until my last bill, the actual amount for Internet Service was shown, and then my monthly discount figure.

As my Company pay for my Internet, I work from home, it was simple to point to the figure to be paid.

On my last bill, these Internet Charges and Discount are merged, and the actual Internet Charge is not shown anywhere on the bill, just the charge minus the discount.

So now I cannot point to the figure on the bill for our accounts payable, and so it looks like my Company will be getting the discount and not me.

I asked Verizon abot this (twice) and they replied that's the way it is and cannot be changed.

Anyone else found this problem?

Thanks,

Bryan.

0 Likes
Re: Internet Charges and Discount, merged
prisaz
Legend

If you have your paper bill it should show a breakdown, even though the line items are your bundle minus discount. It usually changes to that format on or after the third billing cycle. I downloaded my complete bill in pdf and it shows page 3 in the left column.

Here is my Ultimate Bundle breakdown without any additional discounts.

Triple Play Includes:
• Verizon Freedom Essentials 30.00
• FiOS TV Ultimate HD 70.00
• EPIX 0.00
• FiOS Internet 35/35 39.99
$139.99

Here is what it showed before. So your company should pay the $39.99 or what ever portion they pay as an example.

Internet Services
FiOS Internet 35/35 Jun 19 - Jul 18 89.99
FiOS Internet 35/35 Bundle Discount Jun 19 - Jul 18 -50.00
Total Internet Services $39.99

I hope this helps, because the non bundle price for 35/35 is $89.00. Show them the current bill and the previous bill. The internet cost should be the same. Unless you were not giving them the benifit of your bundle?

lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Either way the out of pocket here would appear to be $39.99 for Internet service ... I would think that would be the amount any accountant at a company would insist be the amount they pay.  Paying $89.99 when your actual cost is only $39.99 doesn't seem to be an entirely accurate accounting of your true costs (but then, I guess that's up to the company -- although I then assume you're reporting that additional $50/month to the IRS as additional income, correct?).   Smiley Happy

Many companies resolved this problem by just giving employees expected to have high speed internet service a $50/month (or whatever the average prevailing rate for a basic speed internet broadband connection is in the area) stipend reported as additional income.   Some people find "cheaper" service and can pocket the savings while others prefer higher levels of service or have chosen to live in area which aren't well served by broadband and thus need to subscribe to higher cost services -- their call -- everyone gets the same amount.

prisaz
Legend

Oh. I just showed the Ultimate bundle as an example. Depending on what you have, your mileage may very. And what Lasagna said.Smiley Wink

0 Likes
BAnsl
Enthusiast - Level 3

..mine is a little more modest, just $34.99 for Interenet 25/25, so removing the $15.00 leaves just $19.99

Fortunately, my Company Accounts Dept., agreed with me.

The problem was that the extra $15 pushed me even closer to what we were paying when we had just the home phone and DSL from Verizon and the Cable from Time Warner - and had that happenned my wife would have started complaining...Smiley Mad

Anyway, thanks for all the info., I think it is sorted out now.

0 Likes
Portulaca
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem. I used to get my FIOS Internet-only bill from this site, http://www.verizon.net/central/vzc.portal, but now it is redirected to to the main Verizon Central page, and the Internet-only bills are gone.

I also have the problem of needing to submit my separate charges for reimbursement.

I tried every downoad format (including PDF) and this is all that is displayed. (The taxes and fees are broken down in another section.

FiOS Double Freedom $XX.00
Includes:
Verizon Freedom Essentials
FiOS Internet

This is a real disservice to customers.