Internet activation fee was waived when ordered, yet I was still charged
NML-21
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ordered Verizon Fios at my new apartment complex that I had just moved into. The Verizon agent for our complex stated that the activation fee would be waived. We were supposed to have the triple play HD installed with a 50/50 internet connection. Within a day, my wife and I noticed how grainy the HD was and compared it to the OTA transmission and we had determined that there was no way that it was HD. Also during this time; while my wife was attempting to complete online schooling, she kept receiving errors while trying to upload her homework. I then started to do speed checks using both Verizon's speed check system and others for a comparison. Even though we had ordered 50/50 internet, the highest I saw it was 2.5/35 (this was the highest speed I saw while running a speed test). Some web pages would load and some pages wouldn't load at all. My wife and I had a conversation about the services and I had chalked it up to being such a new complex. Our complex was just built. My wife and I were the very first residents in our apartment. My wife and I decided to go ahead and cancel due to the fact that she needed a dependable internet connection so she could complete her online degree. The CS agent I spoke with during the cancellation process was very understanding and stated that we would owe nothing because of the short amount of time that we had your service and because of how bad the service actually was. I told the CS agent that we would revisit the option of getting Verizon after you had worked out the kinks in the system here.

Fast forward today. I get a bill from Verizon and it states that I now owe some money to you and there is an activation fee on the bill even though I was previously told that the fee was waived.

0 Likes
Re: Internet activation fee was waived when ordered, yet I was still charged
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi NML-21,

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes
Re: Internet activation fee was waived when ordered, yet I was still charged
NML-21
Enthusiast - Level 1

Funny that you should type that LawrenceC,

Click on your support link  + click on "Contact Us" + click on "Billing" + click on "Billing Questions/Online Bill Pay help" =

Chat with us

Ask Vz Community Forum

Dial 1-800-Verizon (1-800-837-4966)

0 Likes