Internet activation fee
cfinma

I ordered my verizon Fios service over the phone and was told that acitvation fees would be waived.  The representative incorrectly recorded my e-mail address so I never received the terms of service.   When I received my bill there was a magic $23.33 x 3 internet activation charge.

After calling Verizon I was told a supervisor was required to waive the charge.  After explaining how I was told the fee would be waived and I did not receive my terms of service to verify, she said verizon does not waive charges!   I cannot believe this company that I have been with for over 6 years and maintain two fios accounts would treat a customer in this manner.  

I thought verizon was better than the other guys about slipping additional charges into the bill.  Now I am wondering if not sending me terms of service was a legitimate mistake or a way to sneak in extra fees.

Watch out and do not agree to anything until you have the terms of service in writing!

Chris in boston

0 Likes
Re: Internet activation fee
cfinma

No sign of the "free tablet" I was supposed to receive with my service either.   

I want to think it is just one bad apple over there, but the response from Verizon has led a lot to be desired.

0 Likes
Re: Internet activation fee
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi cfinma,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes