Is lying ethical at Verizon?
hil357
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spent an hour on the phone with your CSR in Tampa yesterday... my promotions had expired and I was calling in to see what new packages you could offer. After being quoted many packages that were more than I was currently paying (even without credits), I asked to disconnect the service which was in my husband's name. Before finalizing the disconnect, the lady spoke to her supervisor and agree to set me up as a new customer (in my name) to take advantage of new promotions. Although I could do this online myself, I stupidy agreed. I agreed to the terms and conditions of a new plan, and was promised a $400 gift card along with a new Quantum router.

Today, having not yet received my confirmation I called in and the CSR had entered my email address incorrectly. They corrected that and I received the new order confirmation. After reviewing, it stated I would receive a $250 gift card and NO router was included... Again, I called and got your Tampa office. John, the supervisor, admitted that I had been given incorrect information by his employee and said he would take it up with that person...however, there was NOTHING he could do to honor the promotion that his Verizon employee had promised. Apparently it's okay to go ahead and promise your customers promotions that you cannot honor. I understand people make mistakes, but I would never have agreed to start new service in my name, over the phone, had this $400 gift card + router offer not been made to me. And I CERTAINLY would not expect supervisors to admit their employees made a mistake, but give the 'oh well' attitude to the customer that was just **bleep** on. 

So, instead of Verizon losing $150 and a router for the promotion they promised their customer... they will be losing at least $1500 per year because I will be taking my service to a company that actually honors its promises, just as the customer is expected to do when they sign the contract... 

0 Likes
Re: Is lying ethical at Verizon?
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi hil357,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes