Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Is my account hacked?

dontdoit
Contributor
Contributor

Is my account hacked?

Message 1 of 2
(1,390 Views)

In December, I tried to log into my account and could not.  I thought I forgot my password and reset my password through "Forget my password"  After logging in, I saw that my primary contact email was changed to "{edited for privacy}" I searched the address and it popped up in may documents on the Internet.  I thought my account was hacked and I immediately changed my password.  Nothing else on my account changed and I have not log in again.  Today, I logged in and could not.  I had to reset the password again.  After log in, I found that my primary email was again changed to "{edited for privacy}"  That email was validated on 1/22/2013.  I think I have to contact support on Monday to see if I my account was really hacked.  In the mean time does anyone know what was going on or had the same problem?

1 REPLY 1
somegirl
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II

Re: Is my account hacked?

Message 2 of 2
(1,320 Views)

@dontdoit wrote:

In December, I tried to log into my account and could not.  I thought I forgot my password and reset my password through "Forget my password"  After logging in, I saw that my primary contact email was changed to "{edited for privacy}" I searched the address and it popped up in may documents on the Internet.  I thought my account was hacked and I immediately changed my password.  Nothing else on my account changed and I have not log in again.  Today, I logged in and could not.  I had to reset the password again.  After log in, I found that my primary email was again changed to "{edited for privacy}"  That email was validated on 1/22/2013.  I think I have to contact support on Monday to see if I my account was really hacked.  In the mean time does anyone know what was going on or had the same problem?

Be sure that you are resetting you password and your Secret Question/Answer. It would also be a good idea to run a virus scan on any computers you log into that account with.

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.