Issue with automatic payments
10thofhearts
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've only recently become a FiOS customer, so I don't know if this is the norm or not, but since enrolling in the automatic payment program, I've been irritated to find that the payment is deducted from my payment account ahead of the scheduled due date.  That's extremely irritating from a cashflow perspective, especially since I don't think there's any notification of when the funds will be deducted.  Is that how it works for everyone  Will I end up paying more if I unenroll?  Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Issue with automatic payments - Set Up Notifications on MyVerizon
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@10thofhearts wrote:

... since enrolling in the automatic payment program, I've been irritated to find that the payment is deducted from my payment account ahead of the scheduled due date ... I don't think there's any notification of when the funds will be deducted.  Is that how it works for everyone ... ?

This is how the system works.  In my own case, the payment is due roughly on the 25th, but the payment is charged on the 13th.  It's worth noting however that my payment is charged to a credit card, so in fact there's another 3 weeks or so in there before I actually transfer cash (so to speak).  Obviously a month or so after initially establishing AutoPay, it really doesn't  make any difference.

If you have set up your MyVerizon pages properly you should be getting email notification of both the invoice amount and the actual charge date against whatever account you use.  Take a look in the payment section of MyVerizon and get this arranged.

View solution in original post

armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@10thofhearts wrote:

... since enrolling in the automatic payment program, I've been irritated to find that the payment is deducted from my payment account ahead of the scheduled due date ... I don't think there's any notification of when the funds will be deducted.  Is that how it works for everyone ... ?

This is how the system works.  In my own case, the payment is due roughly on the 25th, but the payment is charged on the 13th.  It's worth noting however that my payment is charged to a credit card, so in fact there's another 3 weeks or so in there before I actually transfer cash (so to speak).  Obviously a month or so after initially establishing AutoPay, it really doesn't  make any difference.

If you have set up your MyVerizon pages properly you should be getting email notification of both the invoice amount and the actual charge date against whatever account you use.  Take a look in the payment section of MyVerizon and get this arranged.

10thofhearts
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks so much!

0 Likes