Just got "Hung-Up" on by a Customer Representative. Ouch.
Beniamen1

To whoever is out there moderating or observing these complaints,

This sort of stung. A customer service representative hung up on me, I think in frustration, not 30 minutes ago.  I found this forum to share complaints, but to what end, I don't know... I've now been a FiOS TV and internet subscriber for a couple years now, I love the actual service, and my wife and I decided to take it with us to our next house.

In the meantime, a couple hiccups arose during the "moving service" process and accessing Video On-Demand.  These came in rapid succession so I decided to brave the notorious customer service experience. 

Regarding the VOD (which was updating/in-maintenance) all day, then unexpectedly into the evening when we wanted to watch a movie, I first called customer service who transferred me to tech support.  The guy was nice. I could tell he was genuinely sorry, and sensed the futility of not being able to help me or compensate anything for me.  I gave him the benefit of the doubt, mainly because I felt the transparency he was conveying through his emotions (whether they were fake or not).  Still, I believed him and he said tomorrow I should ask customer service to have my activation fee waived during my move.  He gave me a report ticket number and we said our goodbyes.  But I was not going to call.

The next day, when I saw the confirmation for our service activation date, I noticed it was a day off.  I had distinctly told the representative last week we wanted to transfer service on the 22nd of April, but it was set for the 23rd.  This was to be a self-installation, since FiOS was already set up at the new place and I was just bringing my equipment.  So this time I made the call to see if Verizon could bump up the date, lest we be without service the first day in our new house.  Which is tomorrow.

Customer service representative (who refused to give me her name) answered and I told her first about the date switch.  She tried to have the day changed, but politely informed me that it could not be done.  I politely thanked her and said it's a bit frustrating since we were now paying for a day of service that we were not going to use, but so be it.  Then things got awkward.  I mentioned the VOD issue, how I had spoke with a tech support member earlier, shared my ticket number with her, and asked if I might be able to receive some sort of compensation.  She kept me on hold three times in 10 minute increments to check and see if I had attempted to rent or buy a movie.  I told her I wanted to buy Selma, but because of the VOD maintenance error, I could not even select the film.  There must have been a communication breakdown because she put me on hold each time to check to see if I could be credited for the movie.  I kept explaining to her that I could not select a movie because the VOD was offline.  She kept coming back at me to tell me I can only have a credit for the movie I tried to select, and if it wasn't showing it could not be done.  We were both getting a tad frustrated, but nothing ever escalated to rudeness, until...

She unexpectedly repeats to me twice (paraphrased), "Sir I will not respond to vulgarity."  What. Is. Happening.

Before I could ask what the heck she was talking about, boom.  She hangs up.

Is there a way to hear a recording of this conversation?  Because that's nuts.  I sort of pride myself on giving customer service reps the benefit of the doubt -- I know how annoying the job can be, I know how idiotic customers can act, and I have sympathy as a veteran of hospitality jobs.  But this was unwarranted, a blatant lie to my face, and a figurative slap.

And I still didn't get to watch Selma, or get my activation fee waived.

This is uncharted customer service territory for me.  I've never even joined a forum like this, but what a nice way to vent one's feelings.  Hoping Verizon can just get some nice people to take care of the folks that pay for their service.  It looks like this is our last two years with them...I can't renew a contract here when it feels like this was protocol for her. As if she used the company "vulgarity phrase" to falsely accuse then give an excuse to hang up.  It hurts.

0 Likes
Re: Just got "Hung-Up" on by a Customer Representative. Ouch.
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes