Just installed - worst experience E V E R!
MikelMD
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wow, where do I begin.

First of all, I place the order on line and, 15 minutes later I get a call from a Verizon rep.  Who guides me through the process and she ends up with a $15 more month than my printout.  She informs me that she will create a "Rock Ticket" and it will be looking into and the change should be reflected.  I confirm an install date 2 weeks away (out on business), with an appt from 8-11.  He shows up at 12 noon!!! In between the time, I call to modify my original 5 TV box order, I ask fro 2 DVRs, and three standard digital boxes.  The woman who takes the order, changes it to 2 DVRs, and 1 digital Box.  The service guy, John, was kind to give me a box, however, now I have to pay $20 in shipping.  Great service Verizon!!  To top it all off, the service man, does NOT fix one of my DVRs.  The guide does not show up!  I place a service call and Giovanni answers who was knowledgeable, kind, helpful and understanding.  HE helps turn around a very poor service night.  That man should get a bonus!

I still have to deal w/ the $20 charge for shipping and the $15 Rock Ticket.  Way to go.  I am glad that I have NOT cancelled my ComCast, if things go this smooth for two more weeks.......

Re: Just installed - worst experience E V E R!
mjgordon6
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'll be joining you on the ComCast service. Waited on hold for almost an hour today tryying to resolve equipment issues only to be told that we'll just have to wait another day to get service (3 days in all - no Internet service).

Verizon seems to have the most screwed up systems/service/customer care of all. Of course they apologize for all the problems you're having, but nobody can do anything about them.

Previously this year Verizon was billing us an additional $100 every month for equipment they claimed we had not returned. It took 4 months and complaints to both the BBB & the FCC to get that straightened out.

It's too bad that the US Government has given these big companies an almost total monopoly and removed any incentive they might have had to improve their service.

0 Likes
Re: Just installed - worst experience E V E R!
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

@MikelMD wrote:

Wow, where do I begin.

First of all, I place the order on line and, 15 minutes later I get a call from a Verizon rep.  Who guides me through the process and she ends up with a $15 more month than my printout.  She informs me that she will create a "Rock Ticket" and it will be looking into and the change should be reflected.  I confirm an install date 2 weeks away (out on business), with an appt from 8-11.  He shows up at 12 noon!!! In between the time, I call to modify my original 5 TV box order, I ask fro 2 DVRs, and three standard digital boxes.  The woman who takes the order, changes it to 2 DVRs, and 1 digital Box.  The service guy, John, was kind to give me a box, however, now I have to pay $20 in shipping.  Great service Verizon!!  To top it all off, the service man, does NOT fix one of my DVRs.  The guide does not show up!  I place a service call and Giovanni answers who was knowledgeable, kind, helpful and understanding.  HE helps turn around a very poor service night.  That man should get a bonus!

I still have to deal w/ the $20 charge for shipping and the $15 Rock Ticket.  Way to go.  I am glad that I have NOT cancelled my ComCast, if things go this smooth for two more weeks.......

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes