Keep an eye on your bill after you call CSR for tech. trouble with FiOS tv service recently!!
nightwishfan1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yesterday I recieved my Verizon FiOS bill for my Triple play package, and to my surprise I was being charged for HBO/Cinemax subscription service at $12.50 a month.  Now I never signed up for any sort of movie package with my original order back in December, and never was charged before for this.  Come January I call customer service for technical assistance with my DVR, as it was recording my programs 5 minutes short of the total show time.  Turned out it was recording 5 minutes of the ending of the previous shows time slot.  Anyways I call verizon technical support, and the issue seems to be fixed, and the whole time nothing is brought up about a offer for a discounted movie package, nor do I ask for one.  After the call and, maybe 2 weeks later I accidentally punch in a cinemax channel number, and discover it's active.  I figure it's a freebie from Verizon for my trouble with my DVR that I had called about.

Now to yesterday February 23rd....I recieve my bill, and go over the charges, and see that the Cinemax/HBO package is being charged for.  $24.99 base price for it, and a little more of the bill noting a discount of $12.50 for it.  Not a bad deal I'll admit, but I never signed up for a movie package with my original order.  Never asked for one with my technical assistance call either last month.   So I call Verizon again, and am told an order was called in for the package last month.  I got the charge removed after telling them I'm the only one living at my residence, and am the only one that is authorized to make such an order, and that I never made such an order in the first place.  My only concern in January was to get my DVR issue resolved.  I feel Verizon took liberties with my account by placing such an order on my account without my consent. 

So I stress to others now that you should keep an eye on your bills after you call then for technical assistance.  You might find something you never wanted, or never were asked for.

0 Likes
Re: Keep an eye on your bill after you call CSR for tech. trouble with FiOS tv service recently!!
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry for the troubles you had with the account. Anytime you need assistance you can always post here on the forums as well.

0 Likes
Re: Keep an eye on your bill after you call CSR for tech. trouble with FiOS tv service recently!!
locomanjim
Enthusiast - Level 3
Welcome to the Verizon Way of doing Things. A Call CRS and you get HBO at twice the price, Call Billing and get Cinamax for 3 times the price because you complained. Leave a complaint Here. Do not expect anything but Anthony sending you a form that will do no good! ( Anthony is great at that ), then you make another mistake and try calling someone else to get your problem heard and it gets worse and WORSE EVERY TIME , EVEY REQUEST, EVERY CALL !!! WELCOME TO THE FIOS WAY OF DOING BUSINESS (/aka Bending You Over) !!! GET OUT AT ALL COSTS IT WORTH IT !
0 Likes
nightwishfan1
Enthusiast - Level 2

^^^Well I'll certainly be keeping an eye on my bill for next month.  Who knows what they'll have added to it just cause I had to call billing to get the HBO/Cinemax charges off of this months bill.  Would be funny too if I was told it was called in at 12:30pm again.  By 12:30pm each day I'm usually getting ready for work, and wouldnt really try calling for anything that required more than 10 minutes to do, and with Verizons call in number it can take a good little bit of time to do certain things.  So obviously at that time of day I dont have much time to play with in regards to things.  Just get ready and get out the door to work. 

0 Likes