Lied to by Verizon Representative (Verizon owes me $285) and have a friend who has the same issue
jmpeek454
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

My apartment, Grapevine Station in Grapevine, TX had an offer for internet and television for $69.99 a month and a representative reached out to me and set it up. When I received the billing it was incorred, I was billed 84.99 and contacted the representative. 

He told me he would get the amount corrected or send me gift cards for the contract term I had signed up, which would be a total of $360! They still have not corrected this problem and I am already out $285!

Has anyone had this problem and been able to resolve it? This is the most ridiculous situation, I have never been lied to, face to face none the less, and then ignored by a representative of any company like I have here!

The representatives name is {edited for privacy}, his email is {edited for privacy}. And then he called me and lied about the gift cards and a few of my attempts at contact him again after he would no longer answer my phone calls.

Thank you,

Jordan

Re: Lied to by Verizon Representative (Verizon owes me $285) and have a friend who has the same issu
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

It sounds like the people you spoke to do not work for Verizon but a marketing company. They work on commission so I would not believe a word that comes out of their mouths. Now that they have a sale good luck on getting what they promised.

0 Likes
Re: Lied to by Verizon Representative (Verizon owes me $285) and have a friend who has the same issu
thisistheday1

They almost did the same to me. I ordered service. They lied about NOT needing outside access. I specifically ashed 3x!!! Do u need outside access..They said NO. When the tech came..HE MUST HAVE OUTSIDE ACCESS! I did not reschedule and 2 days later recieved a bill in the mail for close to $300.00. They had automatically mailed it when I placed my order.. Last nite 7pm verizonrings my bell to talk about upgrading. I told them to NEVER ring my bell again...Im keeping my eyes open for other options...LET THE BUYER BEWARE..

0 Likes
Warewythawl

Those representatives also lie in New Jersey.  

In early December a man and a women representing Verizon Fios knocked on my door, interupting my busy Saturday, but with an offer too good to be true.  All channels, phone, internet (premium channels free for 24 months) for $118.  Free installation.  A pre-paid Visa for $300!  Activation fee additional $69 divided into 3 payments BUT we'll make that a $400 pre-paid Visa card !  Wow. An amazing deal.  I kept asking what the catch was as it just seemed to good to be true.  They smiled and insisted "No catches".

What I actually have ended up with is similar but with this important difference.  Premium channels not free for 2 years but 50% off for 1 year.  Clearly not the same thing.  And my bills reflect this.  Six calls to Customer Service, five agreed that the correct deal did exist (pre-holiday special) and they would fix it.  When they correct the bill, I lose the channels.  When I get the channels I pay about $144.  

Were it not for the $400 Visa I would have gone back to cable.  Guess what will happen when the 12 month 50% off premium channel deal ends. . .

0 Likes
jmpeek454
Enthusiast - Level 1
I received a message from verizon telling me that they cannot resolve the issue in a forum, even though I have seen a post with this exact issue where a verizon representative commented that they would resolve it and it was taken care of according to the post. I had posted an image of the emails I received from the 'gentleman' (which I use in the loosest terms possible) but it was taken down

Regardless, the email address he was sending from was from verizon. Marketing agency or not, your representative, your problem.

I appreciate your guys help, do you have any ideas? The person who I know that compared stories with me has tried calling over a dozen times without a resolution. If people are going out to dinner and talking about Verizon being the worst company they have ever dealt with, you would think they would want to resolve that issue.
0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello jmpeek454

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes