Maintaining $0 balance on current verizon account but received notice from collection agency!?!?!
richrok

I switched my Verizon service in May (cancelled dialtone / landline) but upgraded my Fios connection speed.  However, all my account #'s and information remain the same as I did before the switch.  I have also had my account setup to autopay every month for the past *SEVERAL* years.

Yet, this week, I received a  notice from a debt collection agency called "North Shore Agency" stating that their "client", Verizon, has informed them that my service was disconnected on 5/5/15 and the outstanding balance of $104.99 remains unpaid.

I then went and checked my account statements from May through July and they all show my payments posting resulting in a $0 balance.  

Receiving a notice from a debt collection agency for an account that has been on auto-pay for the better part of a decade and that *HAS NOT* been terminated is very disturbing.  Request assistance in resolving this matter.

0 Likes
Re: Maintaining $0 balance on current verizon account but received notice from collection agency!?!?
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi richrok,

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page or Contact Us for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.  For billing issues, please contact Verizon during normal business hours.

0 Likes
Re: Maintaining $0 balance on current verizon account but received notice from collection agency!?!?
richrok

While I understand the intent of this forum is for users to help other users, many of the questions here that have to deal with billing issues and discrepancies have been posted here and these issues have been escalated to Verizon agent with a link to a private board.  I do not understand why my issue cannot be escalated as well.  I did try contacting Verizon using the Contact Us phone numbers as soon as I received the notice yesterday but your offices were closed.

Since now I have received a notice from a debt collection agency that has a very poor track record of resolving conflicts according to online reviews and the Better Business Bureau, as a *continuing customer*, I would feel far more comfortable working this out in a written manner in which the correspondence can be documented that I can then send to the company as evidence of Verizon concurring that the debt is invalid.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi richrok,

Most issues can be resolved through normal support channels.  After finding out what the charge is for, why it was sent to a collection agency, and having Billing look into the situation, please post back if you are still in need of further assistance.

0 Likes