Major Billing Issues Each Month
Mikeyc23
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having major billing issues with Verizon every month.  Each time I call it takes an hour, they say it is resolved, but it never is.

Background: A door to door saleman/Verizon employee convincned me to swicth from Comcast internet to Verizon Fios last september.  I purcvhased internet only 100/100 package.  They verbally promised me that I would be eligible for, among others, two discounts: (1) a $10/mo. gov. employee discountl; (2) $10/mo less if I did not rent their router.

First, I never rented their router.  I purchased my own off Amazon.  Verizon sent me a router, which I returned immediately and received confirmation that Verizon received the router.  10 months later, Verizon continues to charge me the $10/mo for renting a router I do not have.  This may, they made me send in proof of purchase of the router.  They said they could not tell if I was using one of their rentals or something I purchased.  I sent in proff of purchase (Amazon receipt) and they still have not removed these charges from my bill.  In fact, they are now charging me $12/mo as part of their rate increase.  FOR A ROUTER I DO NOT HAVE!

Second, I never received the government discount.  They said that I am not eligible for it because I do not have triple play.  They said the rep was wrong and refuseD to agree to his promise, even though I sent them text messages from their rep confirming what he told me. He promised me that I would be eligible for the discount with the internet only package.  

Finally, this month they raised my 100/100 package from 39.99/mo. to 49.99/mo. 

Other than cancelling and moving back to Comcast, which is my next step, what are my options?   

Re: Major Billing Issues Each Month
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Mikeyc23

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.  Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support.  You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page.  Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes