Make billing easier for new customers!
mus098
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got FIOS triple package installed on 11-03-2011 and today got my first bill.

My bill shows I need to pay $143.00.My triple plan I signed up for is $89.99 plus fees and taxes:$12.39 in my case.
Total should be $102.38 and not $143.00.
My package comes with free for life DVR and Set top SD box,Free router,free installation and set up/activation.

My understanding is that a month ahead is charged and I'm OK with that,Charge me twice $102.38 and the 12 th month I don't pay.It's a 12 month promotion...

No,I get a bill with a bunch of crap we really don't need to know.I'm not even a customer for a month yet.Was happy till I received my bill and after calling Verizon,get nowhere with the info.It just tickes me off.....

The way I see it is I need to pay $89.99 plus taxes for 12 months as agreed up on and as the promotion stated.

Send me that bill.Everything else is complicating things to a point that new customers just going to return there boxes and walk away.I'm already considering it......

After all the expenses you all did on installing Fios in the street and to my home,I would think Verizon has more common sense and try to KEEP customers.It sure isn't looking that way.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Make billing easier for new customers!
prisaz
Legend

The first bill should be prorated for the month of installation, up until the time the new billing cycle starts, then you get billed for the following month. The first bill is very confusing because of this, and the fact all services are broken down one by one, for the prorated month of install, and the up coming month. So the $143 could be the prorated amount then the following month. That is the way I understand it. Now after having FiOS since 2005, my bill is only two pages and shows for the up coming month, with the breakdown of each service in the bundle, hardware rental, plus taxes and fees. It always takes one billing cycle for things to look normal. I agree with you some of the billing customer service reps do a poor job of explaining this.

The set top SD box may become obsolete in the future, but the HD boxes will work on an SD TV. So I am not sure why the would be still promoting SD boxes. Is it a QIP-2500 P3?

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi mus098

We're sorry you're having an issue with your bill. A Verizon agent will reach out to you via the private message system or the email associated with your acocunt.

0 Likes
TiTron
Enthusiast - Level 2

What are you talking about SD box obsolete? It's a $5/mo rental for them and the HD is $10/mo. Understand that HD will work on old TV but they better not force/charge me $10 for something I'm not ready to use just yet. My old tube TV is still working fine... Until I replace it with an HD TV, I'm not going to pay extra $5.

0 Likes