Re: Misleading Gift Card Promise - Really Disappointed...
JessicaH1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having the same issue.  I signed up for a 2-year contract back in September.  This triple play included a $300 Visa gift card which I was told would be sent to me following 90 days of service.  I contacted customer service today and spoke to a manager for the Northeast - {edited for privacy} - who was unable to help me.

Basically, he said that there was an option of either the $300 gift card OR a free multi-room DVR for 1-year and I was receiving the free DVR.  This was NEVER explained to me, and I was never given the option.  In fact, if you read the fine print in a similar promotion that Fios is running now online, it DOES Not mention any "not valid with any other offer" clause.  The fact that I was receving the free DVR and the $300 gift card was the deciding factor in signing our contract.

{edited for privacy} said there was nothing he could do unfortunately, except for forwarding my case to Accounting which was "a complete waste of time" in his opinion.  Needless to say, this issue was NOT resolved in any way. I am EXTREMELY disappointed and feel that I was completely misled from this false advertising.

Can someone competent from Verizon Customer Service please have this matter resolved for me?

In my experience with other cable providers, they have a much higher regard for customer service. I am so disappointed and actually shocked in the way my issue has been handled (or rather lack of being handled), espcially since my experience with Verizon wireless over the past 7 years has been positive.

This is completely unacceptable and needs to rectified.

KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

JessicaH,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Pablokitty
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was also a victim of this misleading/ false ad.  I was sent several flyers for new homeowners with a promotion for 79.99 for the first year and 89.99 for the second year with a $300 gift card if signing up online with a two year agreement.   After not receiving the card after 90 days, I called customer service and was advised that I was not eligible for the promotion.  They asked if I had received a confirmation email stating that I would receive the card.  I explained that I didn't receive it, but, given that I had signed up for the offer they sent me, I had assumed that if would receive the gift card after 90 days and did not know that there should have been an email stating I would receive it.  Had I know that there should have been such an email, I would have called immediately to find out why I didn't receive it. 

The representative said that she could give me the promotion if I had the original ad.  I assumed that Verizon would honor the offer that they sent me and I did not hold on to the ad.  She told me that she would look into it and follow up.  She did return the call, but was only available M-F from 8:30- 4:30- times that I am at work. 

I am very frustrated by this, but feel at least that I am not crazy after reading the posts from other customers. It appears that I am not the only one that experienced this issue (despite what the representative implied).  I sign up in good faith, pay my bill on time in good faith, and would appreciate if Verizon would honor what they offered or at least released me from my contract.

Has the issue been resolved for any other people who have posted this problem?

I am deeply disappointed in the customer service and the clear lack of interest in retaining my business.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Pablokitty,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

reddjam

Can someone escalate this to a Verizon agent, because I'll be {word filter avoidance} to find a phone number to contact about my gift card.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

JessicaH,

While we are happy to check on the gift card, we are unable to do so without your account information. After multiple requests for that information from you without any response we have closed your Private Support Case. If you still require assistance please make a new post and we will be happy to investigate with you.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Pablokitty,

We have closed your private support case out due to no response from you. Feel free to make a new post anytime you need some help.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello z71mike,

We were able to resolve this issue for you. Thank you for your patience while we worked towards a resolution. Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Have a great weekend!

Rachel_VZ

0 Likes
DElliott76
Enthusiast - Level 1

Going through the same thing. After 25 years with Comcast I got an offer that as they say seemed too good to be true. A 300.00 gift card to sign for 2 years at 79.00 a month for triple play. I thought how could I lose, even had free installation. So I responded ,and the installation was set for the next day, that blew me away. After a flawless installation I realized I did not have many channels I had with Comcast. So I called and was upgraded to Prime which was 89.00 a month, and this was also on the offer that I received by email. But now I am told that I elected an internet speed higher than the one offered for the 300.00 gift card..I said what..I do not even care about speed..we went from DSL to FIOS it made no difference but the offer was for speed 15/5, and they say I selected 50/25. I do not know the difference ,and it would make no change in my use of internet. It just costs me 300.00 to not know I was being bait and switched ..they knew it I called several tomes and was never told this was the reason for not going to get the card until a few days ago. So as a new Verizon Fios Customer in my area I will say be aware they are very sleazy in marketing and not trust worthy . Comcast may raise prices ,but they have been honest with me, never like this cheap trap.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi DElliott76,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes