Re: Misleading Gift Card Promise - Really Disappointed...
jrtay08
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had the same issue.

I signed up online for the Fios Triple play service with the 2 year contract since that gets a $300 Visa Gift card. A few weeks down the line I chatted with a representative online about upgrading to the Ultimate HD service since that had a $400 Visa Gift card and was not a substantial change in price to what I was currently getting. The rep comfirmed that I will be eligible to get the $400 gift card so I had him walk me through the ordering process. I got a confirmation e-mail about for my order and I thought that I would be getting that promotion.

Low and behold, it's about 100 days past and I call and they state that the promotion I signed up for does NOT qualify for the gift card and it should have been in the e-mail confirmation that a gift card should be sent. It did state that I am getting a certificate for a free LG tablet or $200 off any other tablet, which I did not want or care about because we would have to add an additional line to my current service.

Apparently I am getting $10 more in discounts than current promotions which makes me ineligible. I do not know how I got the additional discounts, but that's what I signed up for. Also, I know that there was no option between selecting the gift card or the additional discounts.

So, the website was extremely missleading at that time and made me assume I was getting that visa gift card promotion for signing up on a contract.

I have already spoken to many represenatives today and I am about ready to cancel my service and contact the better business bureau if it is not resolved.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jrtay08,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

elmiguelgrande
Enthusiast - Level 2
JR Tay, I am interested to see what solution your escalation provides for you. Please keep us informed as my issue resulted in nothing but time wasted run around and no solution.
jrtay08
Enthusiast - Level 2

elmiguelgrande, they were able to get me a $300 gift card since the current promotion is only a $300 gift card (I had upgraded two weeks after my initial sign up and had a chat conversation with a representative that assured me I would qualify for the promotion at that time to get a $400 gift card). I am looking for confirmation about the gift card promotion but I cannot find that information (I believe it is on a different computer), but I do have the confirmation from a representative at the time of the upgrade (chat ID), which customer service reps in the several departments I was transferred to stated they did not see anything about in my account.

I know for a fact the time when I upgraded that the only promotions I saw that there was a no contract version that doesn't come with a gift card and a 2-year contract verson that comes with the gift card. Their current offers are for the gift card, Quantum DVR, and an Amazon gift card.

I am not sure how many individuals you spoke with, but I tried one chat initially, then called in and spoke with 4 different people, where one was actually trying to help but apparently didn't have the ability to process that request in the system and others were saying that I didn't qualify. One representative in particular pretty much put me at my boiling point, but I stayed as professional as I could even though they weren't (they talked over me, were not listening to what I was saying, and was basically saying I was in the wrong).

I would have tried to keep escalating it up over the phone if I wasn't at work, but I couldn't.

So thank goodness for the chat rep that helped me out here, and no thanks at all to the "billing" representative who is capable of bringing horror to all those who have to deal with her and is a prime example why people complain about Verizon's customer service.

coffeebabe

I am also having the same problem in not getting a $150 gift card, promised to me by Andrew, the FIOS rep who stopped me outside my house.   After trying to get in touch with a "person" a Verizon I was told that they saw no card listed and yet a month earlier when I called about the same issue they said it would be mailed in 30-45 days.  I also feel my monthly charge is a lot higher than promised.  Granted I admit to falling a little behind in a payment but that does not account for the fees being over $100 instead of under.  Anyone have a direct contact so I can get my card and not look to drop them altogether.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello coffeebabe

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
consumer21042
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same frustrating and dissapointing issue.  We moved into our house in February and signed up for the FIOS bundle. We were assured by both the sales person and the installer that we would receive a $300 gift card by the end of MAY. We have placed several calls and have been told each time that it will be mailed. We are going on month 7 and still nothing!

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello consumer21042

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
ddasent
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received a letter stating that i would not be eligible for my promotional gift card if i did not pay my bill in 2 days. I received the letter on 11/4/14 demainding payment by 11/6/14 otherwise i could not receive my gift card. Furthermore I spoke with the live chat agent who tells me that the account must be current but when i ransfered my account because i moved i owed a balance and was never told i have to carry a zero blance for 3 months in order to receive the gift card.

There is never a supervisor or anyone who can assist and then there is no email communication or alert about when to expect the gift card......

Horrible service and Im considering switching back to cablevision, at  least they gave me the HD Kindle they promised without any restrictions or misleading fine print.

glenda53
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is surprising to me that so many people can be reporting exactly the same promise of the $300 Visa Prepaid Card when purchasing the Triple Play Bundle and when you talk to a rep they approach it as though it is a completely isolated incident.  I am super frustrated because I have spoken to so many customer service reps and live chat hoping for some understanding and real customer service. I am just as eager as those before me to receive the $300 Visa Prepaid Card I was promisied.  And although I did receive additional savings I was never informed that this would replace the Visa card.

I will not be inclined to stay with Verizon either if they don't honor everyone on this thread. But I'd like to give Verizon one more chance to retain my business and any referrals I could send their way. 

Verizon--you need to keep your word.  You need to give everyone that commented here the $300 Visa Prepaid Card as promised.