Re: Misleading Gift Card Promise - Really Disappointed...
glenda53
Enthusiast - Level 2
Did you ever get a response from Verizon?
0 Likes
glenda53
Enthusiast - Level 2
Did you get your Visa card?
0 Likes
BellaVista1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same experience. This afternoon I blew two hours and spoke to three human representatives, in addition to dealing with a robot phone tree and Verizon's horrible website. Human rep number 3 told me that "60 days" should have been 90 days, and that I should allow 30 days for a card to go from Texas to Pennsylvania.  This really looks like bait-and-switch. 

0 Likes
sldsg123

I am having the same issue! When a rep showed up in my apartment and persuaded me to switch from Comcast to Verizon, she promised me a $100 check and $50 Visa gift card. That was in August and I haven't seen any of them by now. Also, she promised me that with my TV plan(custom TV, I think), I can choose 2 packs without any additional charges and I can change them online for free. This week I contacted the online rep to switch my Sports Plus pack to Entertainment Pack since I needed TNT to watch some big games. Then guess what, I have to pay $10 per pack change for that. Surprise! And the online rep was very unfriendly BTW. I understand every cable/Internet company wants to charge every possible thing, but don't give me surprise like this. If you can't make it, don't promise it. Now I am having the check & gift card issue, then the pack change issue. Anybody can help me with them? Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello sldsg123

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
sldsg123

Hi there,

With the help from support team, I finally received my gift card. But when I tried to use it, I noticed that I needed the PIN to activate it. I never received the PIN from either email or mail. My case was closed due to non-response. Could you please help me with this?

Thank you!

Li

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi sldsg123,

We have reopened your Private Support Case. Please access your case through your profile page by following the instructions posted earlier. The support agents do not monitor the public boards and will need to hear from you in the Private Support area before they can begin assisting you.

0 Likes
Meganm971

I am really disappointed that there this an entire thread dedicated to this issue.

My husband and I moved into our new house a little over a year ago.  We had used Comcast at our old apartment, but after hearing from a Verizon rep that we would receive a gift card for signing up, we eagerly left Comcast for Verizon.

A few months later, we still hadn’t received the gift card. When I called and spoke to a representative, they seemed confused and had no idea about the promotion. I was really frustrated, but by the end of he conversation the representative said after a few billing cycles I should see the gift card.

Well, it’s now been almost a year, and still no giftcard. My husband is really ticked, and we are frustrated for being misled and not having any resolution to this. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Meganm971,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes