Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Misleading Gift Card Promise - Really Disappointed...

SOLVED
Highlighted
Employee Employee
Employee

Re: Misleading Gift Card Promise - Really Disappointed...

Message 21 of 50
(1,414 Views)

Hello DElliott76,

Unfortunately due to non response we will close the private thread. If you still need help with the gift card or ever need anything else, please let us know in a new public thread.

Thank you,
-Jeramy

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 22 of 50
(1,404 Views)

$300 gift card promised... Inquired back 3 months ago... Online text report says it takes about 9-10 months to process... Which is a very long time to wait to begin with... Now March is coming up and it has been almost a year... Still no card... I got excited during the holidays when I received a card from Verizon thank you for being a customer to find that's all that was is the envelope... Can anyone help me get this resolved because I am starting to get very upset...

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 23 of 50
(1,405 Views)

Same thing happen to me... Months almost a year still waiting for $300 gift card... And I will be honest it was one of the few reason I signed up with verizon over bright house... Because technically bright house offer similar service for actually a lower monthly... I just love verizons customer service and product and wow a $300 gift card sold... If I known what I know now that this card would take almost a year ago... I may take my business elsewere when this year is up if this is not resolved...

Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus

Message 24 of 50
(1,401 Views)

Hello johnr2884

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Highlighted
Employee Employee
Employee

Message 25 of 50
(1,384 Views)

Hello johnr2884,

Unfortunately due to non response we will close the private thread. Let us know if you ever need help with anything else in a new public thread. We're always here for you.

Thank you,

-Jeramy

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 26 of 50
(1,345 Views)

I was also totally misled.  I signed up for service in November, the $300 gift card was a big part of my decision to switch to Verizon.  I signed up for the triple play with anyroom DVR and 4 additional digital boxes, my bills have consistently been around $250. Since I have 90 days of paying my bills on time I called to check on the status of the gift card.  I was told I am not getting one because I elected to pay $79.99 vs. $89.99 for my digital bundle.  I feel like I was totally scammed.  Yes, I understand they can argue I did not read the fine print and I never got an email confirming the offer but the whole promo was totally misleading.  I don't recall seeing a choice between the gift card or $10 off my bundle when I signed up for service online.  Between this disappointment and the quality of our service since installation I think we will be going back to Comcast.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 27 of 50
(1,307 Views)

The exact same thing happened to me! I am livid. They offered me a $100 credit toward my next bill since I called and complained, but I was absolutely 100% told that I would receive my gift card, I asked multiple times back in December when I placed my order, and I even asked the guy when it didn't appear in my order confirmation, and he assured me that I'd be receiving it.

I called today, and they said that I opted for the multi-room DVR, which I DID NOT! I HAVE ONE ROOM! ONE TV! Why would I want multi-room DVR?! I specifically remember telling the guy that I'd be willing to pay for DVR, and I asked over and over again to ensure I'd be receiving a gift card, and he kept assuring me that I would. Now that conversation recording is mysteriously unavailable.

I have warned everyone in my building to not fall for this scam. Verizon has been plastering my building with flyers offering this promotion, and I am planning to warn everyone in our weekly newsletter, and I already warned everyone in our residential Facebook group.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 28 of 50
(1,187 Views)

I had this same issue after the person who placed my order screwed up. Verizon acknowledged that he screwed up but said they can't do anything about it and gave me a $100 credit instead of the $300 gift card. I even went to the Better Business Bureau, and Verizon stopped responding to my queries.

Anyway, I just thought Verizon should know that they've received a very, VERY terrible reputation in my condo building and people are actively avoiding installing your services. There have been discussions on message boards relating to my condo building about how terrible your customer service is.

I started the first conversation to warn others not to choose your services based on my experience, and I've been pleased to find that many others have also experienced terrible customer service and problems with installations and holes in their ceilings and as a result, people are being scared off from switching from Cox to Verizon. Just thought you should know that your horrible customer service is costing you business, multiple people have come to our message board with questions about switching to FIOS, and a large group of us has convinced them not to.

This all could have been avoided if you had just fixed my order and sent me my gift card!! And if you had properly installed your services in my neighbors' condos without tearing up their rugs and ceilings.

I've had my phone with Verizon Wireless for over a decade, and I plan to switch that as soon as I can too cause I'm so fed up with this company as a whole.

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Message 29 of 50
(1,181 Views)

Hi dsbell,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Highlighted
Employee Employee
Employee

Message 30 of 50
(1,162 Views)

dsbell,

We have not heard back from you about this issue, If you still have questions please let us know.

Josh B

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.