Switch Account

Misleading account upgrade process

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Misleading account upgrade process

Message 1 of 1
(335 Views)

My contract recently expired and I went through the renewal process and thought I was getting a good deal. The web page showed clearly in large font that my current bill was $116 (which is correct) and the new plan would be $119 including HBO for free. Sounded great. However, when I got the bill it was obvious the $119 was *before* dvr/taxes/fees and the total was over $150. I feel like I got fleeced and this behavior is probably illegal, definitely unethical. Comparing all-in price to base price is like apples and oranges and should not be allowed.

Unfortunately I did not take a screen shot and most likely there was some fine print somewhere to say "additional costs, blah, blah" but I would like to get some feedback on whether this is acceptable. I think I should report this to the FCC.

Thanks

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.