Misleading verizon representative tricks me into signing a 2 year contract
abmptan

2 days ago, I was using the online chat with a verizon representative to determine how much longer my contract with verizon lasts (8 more months), and in our conversation the rep brought up the topic of reducing my rate by $10. He sent me an email to have me sign up for the new plan, which would be discounted by $10. I did see, however, that it said I wouldn't be able to terminate my services with verizon else i face a penalty. I asked the representative if this would extend my contract, to which he responded by GUARANTEEING me the contract would not be extended. I believed him, and signed up for the plan. $29.99 a month for internet is a pretty good deal! In the end, he told me that I would receive a confirmation email and my account would be updated within 24 hours. He also told me that I would have to option to receive a transcript of the chat sent to my email after our conversation was over.

After we exited the conversation, the chat actually didn't have an option to send me a copy of the chat. 

Note: I am signed up for 50/50 internet and pay $29.99 for the first year and $39.99 for the second year. I am currently in the second year of my contract.

Today, I checked my account and entered a chat with a new rep to confirm that my contract was only valid for 8 more months, but to my surprise, he told me that I signed an agreement for 24 months! I proceeded to tell him that the previous rep assured me that my contract wouldn't be extended. He then checked our chat from 2 days ago ( He wouldn't send me the chat ) and agreed that the previous rep was misleading in every way possible. 

However, he kept pestering me about how the two year contract is good because it locks my price at a solid $74.99. After around 35 minutes of explaining how fios has fiber instead of copper cables, the rep finally told me that I can't have my previous price back. Despite this being an issue caused by VERIZON's own representative, he told me that he could remove the 2-year agreement, though I would be paying $64.99/mo for 8 months (That's almost double what I'm currently paying!). 

So basically, verizon's customer support representative screwed me over by telling me that he would put me into a cheaper plan without renewing my 2-year contract, which was COMPLETELY a lie on verizon's end. Now, the rep I'm talking to isn't letting me switch back to my old plan, and tells me that there's no way to get my plan back. 

This type of customer service infuriates me because it wastes my time to fix an issue that I didn't even create!

0 Likes
Re: Misleading verizon representative tricks me into signing a 2 year contract
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi abmptan,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes