Moved Service to a New Address and Cost Went Up by $100 and Billing Can’t Figure It Out
In_Misery

February Bill is too high by approximately $100.34 and was supposed to have been corrected by now. The original request made to the Verizon representative on the phone on January 21, 2017 was to move all existing services from Framingham Massachusetts to Hopkinton Massachusetts realizing that there would be an $80 technician fee due to new construction. My Verizon Triple Play charges have jumped from $109.99 to $149.99 per month for an existing 2 year contract which is incorrect. There have been a total of three new orders associated with this one move and many discounts were lost and additional charges applied.

Below is the sequence of events:

• May 8, 2016 Order - {edited for privacy}. New 2 Year Contract for Verizon Triple Play per my request $109.99 per month. This does not expire until May 2018.
  • January 21, 2017 Order{edited for privacy} placed via phone with Verizon representative to move all services to Hopkinton and retain existing phone number
  • February 13, 2017: "An Update on Your Order" email received: Verizon Triple Play $109.99
  • February 14, 2017: Technician hooked up internet and TV only as he said that Verizon should have cut 2 move orders so the phone was not activated (hooked up and awaiting activation)
  • February 15, 2017: Verizon representative said to ignore higher cost emails to arrive shortly as she needed a supervisor’s authorization to override the billing as they had to cancel the first order {edited for privacy} for services already installed and create a new one to get the phone activated. This was after conferencing with Tech Support.
  • February 15, 2017 "Thank you for your Fios Order - {edited for privacy}" Verizon Double Play email received $129.99
  • February 15, 2017 "Welcome to Fios! Review your order now - {edited for privacy}” Verizon Triple Play email received $149.99
  • February 28, 2017 bill is now for Verizon Triple Play at $149.99 per month. What happened to the supervisor’s override? I had also asked that the Internet Security Suite Multi-Device be removed as I had my own security suite and discounts were lost and additional charges added.
  • Please complete the process of backing out the additional $40 per month for Verizon Triple Play and reverting to the original 2 year contract which expires May 2018. By completely reverting to the original agreement, additional missing discounts will be corrected such as the Pick Your Premiums (-$15.00), Valued Customer (-$4.99) and the additional service charge should be removed.

My January 31, 2017 bill was $142.44. My February 2017 bill is $322.78. This bill should be approximately $222.44 plus any tax differences ($142.44 + $80.00 = $222.44). Note that my February bill also has a “Requested Change in Service” charge of $24.12 which should be removed as this was a result of Verizon issuing multiple work orders to fix their original administrative problem.

0 Likes
Re: Moved Service to a New Address and Cost Went Up by $100 and Billing Can’t Figure It Out
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi In_Misery,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes