Moving to new address with Verizon service but still have to pay termination fee?
wardnine

Hi! I currently have Verizon FIOS (Internet, Cable) and am actually moving from one apartment to another within the same building. I can get Verizon FIOS in my new apartment and thought it would be as simple as calling Verizon to transfer service... however today a Verizon agent on phone today was trying to get me to sign up to a new (comparably priced) service but I didn't want to mainly because it would require we extending my Verizon committment another 8 months or so. But I was told if I didn't sign up for new service, I'd have to terminate my existing service and pay a ~$160 termination fee?

So I'm not allowed to just transfer my existing service to a new apartment? I'm not interested in signing a new 2-year contract - would rather just keep my existing contract (which expires summer, 2017)...

0 Likes
Re: Moving to new address with Verizon service but still have to pay termination fee?
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi wardnine,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes