Moving - unfair policies and breech of contract
CSR3
I have had FIOS for about a year now and have enjoyed the picture quality and fast internet. I have a 2 yr contract. I did not get phone service because I use a cell phone for my main mode of contact. I recently found out that I had to move to an area that didn't have FIOS service. I was told that I had to get a phone line at the new place and sign up for another 2yr contract with DSL or I would be charged an early cancelation fee. I wouldn't mind having FIOS installed with the same services but it isn't offered there and I would have to sign up for a service that is unnecessary. No matter what the reason that FIOS is unavailable in that area, Verizon is unable to deliver what they were contracted to do. My moving, I'm sure, isn't an uncommon thing for them to deal with. I was told that it was too bad and that they understood my concern but that was the policy. Verizon will have my early termination fee. I'll spend the $120 and never send another dime to Verizon. Their business practices are backwards and their customer service reps are condescending and rude.
0 Likes
Re: Moving - unfair policies and breech of contract
terry34668

They are doing the same thing to me. I have been with Verizon for over 5 years.I did not plan to move.I love everything about Verizon Fios.Were I moved to does not offer Verizon Fios only BrightHouse and I hate it.I would go back to Verizon in a heartbeat.But now I get a bill for $180.00 for eraly termination. Not my fault they don't service that area witch by the way is less then 3 miles away.So if I have to spend more money I will fight this every step of the way.It's just wrong.....{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
CSR3
It is wrong. I get it though, Businesses are in business to make money. They are so short sighted though. They can't see that some of their policies are hurting them in the long run. All they see is a chance to take your money now. They don't understand that this hurts them in the long run. Once I'm out, I will tell friends to avoid Verizon and I will not spend a dime with any of Verizon's services. If they would just do the right thing, I would go back to them when I was able.
0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@CSR wrote:
I have had FIOS for about a year now and have enjoyed the picture quality and fast internet. I have a 2 yr contract. I did not get phone service because I use a cell phone for my main mode of contact. I recently found out that I had to move to an area that didn't have FIOS service. I was told that I had to get a phone line at the new place and sign up for another 2yr contract with DSL or I would be charged an early cancelation fee. I wouldn't mind having FIOS installed with the same services but it isn't offered there and I would have to sign up for a service that is unnecessary. No matter what the reason that FIOS is unavailable in that area, Verizon is unable to deliver what they were contracted to do. My moving, I'm sure, isn't an uncommon thing for them to deal with. I was told that it was too bad and that they understood my concern but that was the policy. Verizon will have my early termination fee. I'll spend the $120 and never send another dime to Verizon. Their business practices are backwards and their customer service reps are condescending and rude.

The Verizon contract is for service at your current location. They aren't breaking the contract, you are.

0 Likes