Switch Account

Multi-room DVR price increase with free DVR for life

Multi-room DVR price increase with free DVR for life

Highlighted
Contributor morrispsu
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(4,762 Views)

My previous FIOS mailing stated that "Beginning July 15, 2012, the monthly rate for FIOS set top boxes, digital adapters, and multi-room DVRs in equipment packages will increase $2 each. If you are currently enjoying a promotional offer on these products, the new rate will not go into effect until after your promotional period expires."

Up until now, the price for a 3 room multi-room DVR package on the "Current Charges" section my bill has been $33.99. When I signed up with Verizon, the contract stated that it included a free multi-room DVR for life. This has been applied on my monthly bills as a $19.99 credit under the "Specials and Promotions" section of my bill. The latest bill now says $39.99, with the same $19.99 credit being applied.

Since I was enjoying the promotion mentioned above, I was surprised to see my bill increase this month. If I have free multiroom DVR without an expiration date, why didn't the discount get increased to match the price increase?

I attempted to talk with a customer service representative about the issue. She actually told me that she completely agreed with me that I was correct, but said she's sorry but can't increase the discount beyond 19.99 or lower the package price back down. I'm disappointed and frustrated with Verizon regarding this matter.

This is also similar to the situation of a previous poster (http://forums.verizon.com/t5/My-Verizon-Account-Residential/Multi-room-DVR-price-increase-with-free-...

1 REPLY 1
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus
Message 2 of 2
(4,020 Views)

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you and we did not receive a response. Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you. Tonya C.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.