My Billing Problem Story
pudvt

Here's my story and what I learned dealing with the tech support. 

I called mid February to get a new contract for fios/tv, everything went smooth and seutp a time for a technician to come. 

Fast forward a week and on the date when the technician was supposed to come in, we had a snow storm.  Of course nobody contacted me, so I contacted tech support via the chat to get it rescheduled.  The person I chatted with called me back because he couldn't do anything while we were chatting, and he sent me a link to a rescheduled time.  In addition to the rescheduled time, I saw that it had billing information and the amount wasn't what I initially agreed to.  He assured me that this was only used for rescheduling purposes only so I accepted.

Fast forward a month, I get my bill and it was for the amount that I saw on the rescheduling the technician....  I initiated chat again and the person helped me sort that out, sent me another link, and made sure the billing info was correct and hit accept.  I asked when the bill was going to be updated, and he said give it a few days.

Fast forward to today.  I checked the bill today and it sitll wasn't updated.  So I initiated another chat and the person told me that the bill won't be changed retroactively and he can't do anything about it!!!

So for their support personel's mistake and lies, i get penalized...

If I call would I get better support?  Should I let this go since it's only a month?  I still think it's the principal of it all, a big coporate company nickle and diming the little guy doesn't seem right.  

TLDR - Don't hit accpt on any of the links support people send if you have a fishy feeling even if they "assure" you.

0 Likes
Re: My Billing Problem Story
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi pudvt,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes