My Disgraceful experience with Verizon FIOS
gg8570a
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I recently signed up for Verizon FIOS services at my new residence. While signing up, my inclination was always to go with a simple $39.99/month internet only plan. But the Verizon service representative talked me into signing up for $79.99/month bundle plan, and promised me that I always had an option to switch to $39.99/month internet only plan within a month, if didn't like the bundle deal. 
I confirmed with the service agent 3 times, about this option of switching to internet only plan before agreeing to sign up for bundle deal. 

Now when I call customer service to switch to just 39.99 internet only plan, I
am being told that deal is only for new customers and I am not eligible for it.
I even spoke with a senior representative of Verizon customer service. Instead of helping me out , I was actually harassed and rudely told that you signed for a 2 year agreement. You can't change it, when I said I was promised during sign up that I had option to make changes to it within a month, she asked me "show that in written" .

This completely ticked me off, because when a customer signs up for a service. He/she rests some faith with a company like Verizon and its people. 
I am just amazed the way new customers are persuaded into sign up for plans they don't really need and promised  a flexibility option, which is later on completely disregarded.

Finally, I was asked by senior representative to file a complaint here and wait for a week before I cancel the service. I hope this was not another way to push me beyond 30 day period, so that even if I cancel, I have to pay early termination fee. That would be another disgraceful thing to do.

With this letter, I am hoping that my concerns would be addressed appropriately with 
a) Either letting me switch to internet only a $39.99/month plan (not $69.99) as promised.
b) Or letting me cancel the service without a termination fee as I am waiting for a response.

Hoping for a positive response.

Thanks!
0 Likes
Re: My Disgraceful experience with Verizon FIOS
jonjones1
Legend

@gg8570awrote:

Hi,

I recently signed up for Verizon FIOS services at my new residence. While signing up, my inclination was always to go with a simple $39.99/month internet only plan. But the Verizon service representative talked me into signing up for $79.99/month bundle plan, and promised me that I always had an option to switch to $39.99/month internet only plan within a month, if didn't like the bundle deal. 
I confirmed with the service agent 3 times, about this option of switching to internet only plan before agreeing to sign up for bundle deal. 

Now when I call customer service to switch to just 39.99 internet only plan, I
am being told that deal is only for new customers and I am not eligible for it.
I even spoke with a senior representative of Verizon customer service. Instead of helping me out , I was actually harassed and rudely told that you signed for a 2 year agreement. You can't change it, when I said I was promised during sign up that I had option to make changes to it within a month, she asked me "show that in written" .

This completely ticked me off, because when a customer signs up for a service. He/she rests some faith with a company like Verizon and its people. 
I am just amazed the way new customers are persuaded into sign up for plans they don't really need and promised  a flexibility option, which is later on completely disregarded.

Finally, I was asked by senior representative to file a complaint here and wait for a week before I cancel the service. I hope this was not another way to push me beyond 30 day period, so that even if I cancel, I have to pay early termination fee. That would be another disgraceful thing to do.

With this letter, I am hoping that my concerns would be addressed appropriately with 
a) Either letting me switch to internet only a $39.99/month plan (not $69.99) as promised.
b) Or letting me cancel the service without a termination fee as I am waiting for a response.

Hoping for a positive response.

Thanks!

They can not charge a cancellation fee on the Verizon Fios 30 day total satisfaction guarantee. If less than thirty days cancel right now. Don’t resign just cancel. I would think Verizon will send you to retention to get you to stay.

the proof is on the bottom of their web page. But the 30 days starts on the day it was active. 

https://www.verizon.com/home/fios-registration/

See the link for your proof. You will need it later.

Good Luck

Re: My Disgraceful experience with Verizon FIOS
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi gg8570a,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes
Never trust verizon agents over the phone, take everything in written
gg8570a
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just had a really bad experience with Verizon FIOS and have decided to cancel my service with them and never get back. I will also be filing a complaint with Consumer forums and BBB.

Lesson learnt is, never trust verizon agents over the phone, take everything in written.  

0 Likes
Re: Never trust verizon agents over the phone, take everything in written
jonjones1
Legend

@gg8570a wrote:

I just had a really bad experience with Verizon FIOS and have decided to cancel my service with them and never get back. I will also be filing a complaint with Consumer forums and BBB.

Lesson learnt is, never trust verizon agents over the phone, take everything in written.  

And although this is a customer helping customer forum you gave no information as to what the agent(s) did. 

Even after speaking to an agent or chatting online the email they send is often times not what was promised on the phone. 

Best course is to order online, you get the install fee waived and other nice perks.

0 Likes
Cheated by Verizon again just after 2 months of resolving a previous rip off
gg8570a
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had long fight with Verizon for switching from a triple play plan to a 39.99  internet only plan just 2 months back. Which I though got resolved after filing a complaint with BBB and getting  a call from some senior person at Verizon on 5/17.  But looks like Verizon has real expertise finding out ways to rip off people.

After looking at current bill, I realized that i was being billed for 69.99 internet only plan for existing customers instead of 39.99 new customer plan. The person who called me, asked me to ignore the system genrated email order confirmations, since as per the system I was existing customer and that would show 69.99 order confirmation.

0 Likes
Re: Cheated by Verizon again just after 2 months of resolving a previous rip off
jonjones1
Legend

Depending on the speed plan. New customer pricing on Fios gigabyte is actually $69.99 if any lower speed you are getting overcharged.

existing customers do get hit with higher prices. A bummer I realize.

hope it works out

0 Likes