My Triple Play 2 Year Agreement/Transfer Residential Service
djkurve412
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is all I see whenever I login to my FiOS account under "My Services" It's a little blue question mark next to "See My Agreement" (My Triple Play)

"I understand that I have agreed to maintain these bundled services for a minimum of 24 months and that an early termination fee of up to $230 will apply if I cancel my services early. The prorated early termination fee of $230 will be reduced by $10 for each full month toward the minimum term. I understand that once my bundled services are installed, I have a 14 day ETF grace period to cancel without an early termination fee."

I also saw this blip about my 2 year agreement under my "Services Overview" page.

"Listed bundle price requires a minimum term commitment of 24 months and a prorated early termination fee of up to $230 will apply if you cancel your bundled services early.  Early termination fees are reduced by $10 per month for each full month in service and the monthly price of your bundle may change at the end of the 24 month term commitment.  Once your bundled services are installed, you have a 14 day period to cancel without an early termination fee.

I understand that my services are governed by the applicable terms of service, including the limitation of liability for service and equipment, settlement of disputes by arbitration, as well as the terms of my plan and any optional services.   These terms are available on www.verizon.com/terms"

Why is it anytime I move I can not retain my current 2 year agreement with Verizon? I mean it clearly states in my current/past 2 year agreement that "I have agreed to maintain these bundled services for a minimum of 24 months and an early termination fee of up to $230 will apply if I cancel my services early." I mean I digitally signed a binding contract and I'm bound by the terms. However, how can Verizon only make that applicable on their own terms. What I mean by that is everytime I move I get told that transferring my service isn’t possible and I have to start new service. I was told this morning during a Support Chat (Verizon Rep Josie) that Verizon could move my services if the services are available at my new location. (Which they are!) I literally got new FiOS service activated last Monday (April 13, 2015) and due to un-foreseen circumstances I'm moving to a new residential house next week. (10 mins away from my current house) However my current rate/price can't be moved?!  Oh and it gets better...Apparently effective today (April 19, 2015) my current TV package (FiOS Select HD) no longer EXIST! COME ON VERIZON!? Must be conveient for you to just drop/change things and not even attempt to notify your customers! You are now are trying to force to pay more for FiOS TV Custom HD and actually get less than what I'm currently getting with FiOS Select HD?! You pulled this same stunt last time I moved. Told me that my current internet package wasn't available anymore, (25/25) but would you look at that  25/25 is back! Quit screwing your customers! Bottom line is this, I’m both contracted and grandfathered in to my current plan for the next 24 months! See below…

Verizon Triple Play

$69.00/mo

Price Months 1 - 24 = $69

Discounts Included

• $25.99 FiOS-Ready Bundle Discount for 24 Months Thru April 12,2017
  • Bundle 24 Mo. Discount Thru April 12,2017
  • $15 FiOS-Ready Bundle Discount for 24 Months Thru April 12,2017
  • Services and DiscountsMonthly Amount
  • ExistingTriple Play$69.00
  • FiOS Digital Voice Unlimited
  • FiOS TV Select HD
  • FiOS Internet 75/75
  • $25 Bundle 24 Mo. Discount Included thru Apr 12, 2017
  • $40.99 Bundle 24 Mo. Discount Included thru Apr 12, 2017
  • Existing(Rent): 1 TV Equipment Package$11.99
  • Estimated Monthly Subtotal$80.99
  • Taxes, Fees and Other Verizon Charges (see detail)$14.68
  • FiOS TV Broadcast Fee$1.99Estimated Monthly Charges$97.66

Looking forward to your reply.

0 Likes
Re: My Triple Play 2 Year Agreement/Transfer Residential Service
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Dave,

Our apologies for the delayed response

To answer your question about moving and keeping the same price, when our system places a move order, it disconnects at the old address and does a new install for the new address, therefore, you will be treated like a new customer.

As a new customer, unfortunately you would be subject to services and features that are currently available.  Have you tried placing your move order online?  That guarantees you can compare the packages to ensure you get what you need, as well as the best pricing.

~Jess

0 Likes
djkurve412
Enthusiast - Level 2

Jess,

If the person is a current FiOS subscriber (which I am) and is moving to another residential neighborhood where FiOS services are available, that should just be charged separately as an install fee. I mean I’m physically bringing my equipment (router and set top box) to my new address. Us current FiOS customer in no way should be treated as a “new customer” just because we moved. (Especially when we are lokced into a TWO YEAR AGREEMENT!) There is no reason/logic/legal reason why my current services/account number/2 year agreement CAN NOT be retained at my new address! You are clearly breaching your own contract.

0 Likes
djkurve412
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'd also like a link with your current up-to-date TOS.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Sure, here's our latest Terms-of-Service page:  https://www.verizon.com/about/terms/

Please let us know if you have any further question.

Thanks,

DSD

0 Likes
djkurve412
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for providing me the link for your TOS DSD, but I'm awaiting a response/validation on my previous comment. (Before I requested the TOS link.) If you missed it I'll repost it for you here.

"If the person is a current FiOS subscriber (which I am) and is moving to another residential neighborhood where FiOS services are available, that should just be charged separately as an install fee. I mean I’m physically bringing my equipment (router and set top box) to my new address. Us current FiOS customer in no way should be treated as a “new customer” just because we moved. (Especially when we are lokced into a TWO YEAR AGREEMENT!) There is no reason/logic/legal reason why my current services/account number/2 year agreement CAN NOT be retained at my new address! You are clearly breaching your own contract."

0 Likes
djkurve412
Enthusiast - Level 2

So nowhere in your latest TOS did I read anything about "when Verizon's system places a move order, it disconnects at the old address and does a new install for the new address, therefore, you will be treated like a new customer. As a new customer, unfortunately you would be subject to services and features that are currently available." (That was from Jess's reply to me) This validates my point even more now. I have every right to retain my current two year agreement (price & bundle) when I move to my new residence. Can I get some sort of confirmation from anyone?

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@djkurve412 wrote:

So nowhere in your latest TOS did I read anything about "when Verizon's system places a move order, it disconnects at the old address and does a new install for the new address, therefore, you will be treated like a new customer. As a new customer, unfortunately you would be subject to services and features that are currently available." (That was from Jess's reply to me) This validates my point even more now. I have every right to retain my current two year agreement (price & bundle) when I move to my new residence. Can I get some sort of confirmation from anyone?

https://www.verizon.com/idc/groups/public/documents/adacct/version_15-1_internet_tos.pdf

Section 10. TERMINATION OR SUSPENSION OF SERVICE.

Sub-section 2. Subscribers with Term Plans; Early Termination Fee.

EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT, IF YOUR BROADBAND SERVICE OR ANY COMPONENT OF A BUNDLED SERVICE PLAN IS TERMINATED BY YOU OR BY US AS A RESULT OF VIOLATION BY YOU OF THIS AGREEMENT BEFORE COMPLETING YOUR TERM PLAN, THEN YOU AGREE TO PAY VERIZON THE ETF SET FORTH IN THE PRICING PLAN YOU HAVE CHOSEN. If you terminate Service at your location, your existing Term Plan cannot be carried over to a new Service location.
0 Likes