My Verizon only showing closed account
beebeebee1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had FIOS years ago, but closed that account when I moved in 2013 to a building that did not have FIOS. Well, our building just got FIOS last month so I have a new account. But when I log in my My Verizon account, it only shows the old account, listing it as closed, and there is no way to update with my new account. I could not make Register as new either, as it recognized my information so would not allow a  new registration with my information. I see others have been posting about this exact same issue for years on here, right up until a couple months ago so it seems Verizon has always had this issue, yet never made any fix. Any advice how to access my new account online?

0 Likes
Re: My Verizon only showing closed account
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

You will have to CALL them or in some cases you can get support from their Twitter account.

jonjones1
Legend

http://www.dps.ny.gov

Use their complaint form or call the toll free number for faster service.

they will get a person from Verizon Corporate executive escalation department to call you and fix it.

when you open any new account I would use a different middle initial in the name or under the address line put something like (home 1, etc) something that breaks the automated system to see it as a prior service.

the DPS will get fast results. Try them 

beebeebee1
Enthusiast - Level 2

TNS2, Thank you for your response. All the other posts I found with this issue pointed out they had already spent hours on the phone with Verizon to no avail. It wasn't until they posted on the forum that they got any kind of action on their account.

0 Likes
beebeebee1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Jonjones, thank you for your response. This seems like the path I will try first.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Normally to get the Verizon Forum Admins to escalate your problem, you must first show that you made an attempt to contact Verizon through regular channels.

Actually I believe this is a problem that can be handled by those regular channels, but if not you can try here again.  The regular channels will normally be faster.

MrMatthew1
Contributor - Level 1

Hi beebeebee,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.