My Verizon site - DVR management (and managing other services)
sbobcat

I have been using Verizon FIOS TV for several months now and have been also using the web interface online to manager my DVR as well as access other options and configuration for services. The problem is that the page tries to cram all the options for managing my services onto one page and then use AJAX-style interface to show or hide part of the interface I have clicked ont to manage (such as manage my DVR). The problem is that this leads to a sub-par experience across all of the services I would like to manage on my account. The behavior and response is inconsistant across browser and OS versions.

You should remove all the fancy AJAX/Flash overlays and crap and simplify the menu system and layout. I should have a simple left menu navigation to select the service I want to manage and then click through to give me a clean simple interface to manage that service. Don't try to box it into a little window around all the other services I could manage in the other windows.

If I click on manage my DVR, I want to actually be able to go in and manage my DVR's. I don't want a box to expand a little bit giving me few options to do anything, where inevitablly there is not action I can do with the options presented other then drill through into more of a search or interface to try and figure out where I need to be to manage the option I am looking for.

The entire my verizon experience is completely over thought and over complicated. Take a step back and really look at how a real user would come into their account to manage their services.

0 Likes
Re: My Verizon site - DVR management (and managing other services)
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@sbobcat wrote:

I have been using Verizon FIOS TV for several months now and have been also using the web interface online to manager my DVR as well as access other options and configuration for services. The problem is that the page tries to cram all the options for managing my services onto one page and then use AJAX-style interface to show or hide part of the interface I have clicked ont to manage (such as manage my DVR). The problem is that this leads to a sub-par experience across all of the services I would like to manage on my account. The behavior and response is inconsistant across browser and OS versions.

You should remove all the fancy AJAX/Flash overlays and crap and simplify the menu system and layout. I should have a simple left menu navigation to select the service I want to manage and then click through to give me a clean simple interface to manage that service. Don't try to box it into a little window around all the other services I could manage in the other windows.

If I click on manage my DVR, I want to actually be able to go in and manage my DVR's. I don't want a box to expand a little bit giving me few options to do anything, where inevitablly there is not action I can do with the options presented other then drill through into more of a search or interface to try and figure out where I need to be to manage the option I am looking for.

The entire my verizon experience is completely over thought and over complicated. Take a step back and really look at how a real user would come into their account to manage their services.

Hello,

Suggestions for any Verizon service/product/offering on the internet, telephone or TV can be made in the 'Idea Exchange' section of the forum where it'll be noticed more by other Verizon community members as well as Verizon employees who can bring up individual ideas to the appropriate teams.

Also, forum members can vote on the posted idea for greater emphasis.

Please see:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-Idea-Exchange-FAQs/Idea-Exchange-FAQs/td-p/231267 for more details.

The direct link to the Idea Exchange section is found here:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-Idea-Exchange/ct-p/ideaexchange

0 Likes