Switch Account

My Verizon site is awful

My Verizon site is awful

Copper Contributor Benjamins
Copper Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(405 Views)

My Verizon site is awful. I want to:

Num 1. CHANGE THE OLD EMAIL ADDRESS YOU HAVE IN MY ACCOUNT.  The site won't let me. Says error....

Num 2. I want the cell phone number REMOVED from my account. Period. It won't let me - says error...

I NEVER should have given the customer rep my cell # during our month long ordeal to get our DSL ordered, then to get it running. The darn reps called me back on my cell after I told them NOT TO CALL. I have pay as you go. They continued to call my cell instead of my land-line.

I called customer service today and the rep said he made the changes that I wansted, i.e. put in my new Verizon DSL email address & remove my soon-to-be-defunct dial-up email address and also remove my cell phone.

Well, I just got on My verizon and surprise, surprise, my cell number is still there AND my old dial-up email address is still in there.

Why bother having a user account website if it won't let you make changes?? So, guess I'll have to call customer support AGAIN!! They are not very helpful.

Not a happy camper!

P.S. Just received delivery of a 3rd modem. Got an email when they sent 2nd one because they said I had contacted tech support and it was a replacement for defective one. I NEVER CALLED TECH SUPPORT. THE PROBLEM WAS THAT VERIZON NEVER BUILT THE SOFTWARE TO GET US OUT OF OUR DSL LOOP. I knew this from talking to neighbors who are all involved with this new DSL deployment.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Copper Contributor Benjamins
Copper Contributor
Message 2 of 2
(295 Views)

Just a followup. Yesterday, finally I was able to change my primary email address from my defunct dial-up to my new verizon email address.

However, I still can not remove the cell-phone number from my profile - it still gives me an error. Guess it doesn't really matter because I have now blocked any calls getting through on my cell unless you are in my contacts.

It does still bug me that I can not update my profile on My Verizon site as I see fit.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.